Friday night, some guys that Tony works with came over to play cards. They used to play at the office, but have been banned from there so our house was the next best place, probably because it's really close to the office. Anyway, Hannah watched Cinderella upstairs while we played cards. She was so good! It was over and everyone was gone around 10, but it was fun!
Saturday morning Tony decided to play golf, so Hannah and I went to the mall. We hung out there for a little while and had lunch then when we got home, she asked if she could go take a nap and headed right upstairs to do that!
Mom and Randy came over in the evening to go to dinner for mom's birthday. Hannah helped open her presents:
Randy wasn't feeling well, so unfortunately, he stayed at our place while the rest of us went to dinner. We tried a new place that we hadn't been to before called Conte's in Middleburg Heights. It's very small inside with limited seating, but was very good. The place belongs down in Little Italy - would fit right in and all dinners were cooked to order. Tony just had spaghetti & meatballs, but it was about the size that I make for dinner at home - HUGE portion! The highlight of dinner was that "Little John" and his family stopped in for dinner. I felt sort of bad that everywhere he goes, someone's always saying "That's Little John" and of course we did just that!
Sunday late morning Dad and Julia came over. They had to go to Petiti's so they stopped by and we all went to lunch. They brought Hannah all sorts of gifts - the most unique were the pair of wooden shoes from Holland, MI, but they were too small for Hannah's fat feet!
Hannah sure made out this weekend by getting a dose of both sets of grandparents!!! And it was nice for us too to see everyone.
I went grocery shopping and Hannah took a nap. When I got home, it was so nice in the sun that I had to do something outside, so I washed my car. I don't think I've ever done that in the over 2 years that I've had it....it really needed it too! I've run it through a car wash a few times and I think Tony may have washed it once, but it got a full cleaning and looks great! I fiddled around in the yard and transplanted some of my iris's and put the ones that Julia brought up to me in the ground. Aren't you proud of me, Julia...I actually got them in the ground. (they filled in the space real well, so thanks!)
I've still got to get a few bags of mulch and then the yardwork will be done! We grilled steaks for dinner and then just hung out. It really was a great weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment