Monday, June 23, 2008

Not all Potty-Talk

So I realize that this potty training stuff isn't the most exciting stuff to read about, so I thought I'd share a couple of other things fun about Hannah lately.

Last week she was on her way to daycare with Tony in the morning and she told him that the sky was pretty and blue and her mommy painted it that way!! I loved knowing that in her mind, I'm the one who makes her world go round!!! I'll be sure this is documented to remind her of it when she's about 13!!

Then on Friday we were on our way home from work and she pinched her finger in her sunglasses. She reacted in typical Hannah-fashion and if you wouldn't have known better, you'd have thought she cut her finger off! I promised her that I would get a band-aid for her when we got home in a few minutes (there was no blood by the way). When we got home, she did remember she needed a band-aid, so we went to get one. When I had it out and ready to put on her, I asked where the boo-boo was. She looked at both hands and said, "Ummmmm...." and then pointed to her right knee, "right here". I confirmed with her that her knee needed the band-aid and she agreed, so as I put it on, she winced away "in pain". She even went so far as to limp on her "injured leg" as she walked away!!! I couldn't believe the acting skills....I wish we lived closer to Hollywood!!

Hannah has started to tattle! This past weekend she told on me to Daddy when I did something she didn't like, which was pretty much all weekend. She would tell on me that I turned off her show or took away her stool. As if the whining wasn't annoying enough, now I have a tattletale too!! Thank goodness I love her to pieces!!

Now for the potty update: I woke Hannah up early this morning to allow plenty of time to go potty before we had to leave. She never went. I had to put a pull up on her on the way so she didn't wreck the carseat. She got to Daycare still dry. They put her in panties right away and she only had one accident all day long and Val blamed herself for it. She let Hannah be done after just a wee little bit because she was crying even though she knew better. But other than that, she made it to the potty ALL DAY LONG!! Yeah Hannah. She went twice at home tonight too. She cries pretty much the entire time, but once she stops crying, she goes and then all is well in the world!!! If things keep going this way, I suppose the torture this weekend will be worth it!!

2 comments:

Brian Harris said...

yeahs Hannah!!! your mommy and daddy deserve a Yeah too! How exciting!

Brian Harris said...

Ooopss...i look like brian but I'm really really maggie!!!