
OK, so since I'm fairly new to the whole blog thing, this one is a little adventure for me.
As I was surfing around last week, I stumbled upon another blog, http://orgjunkie.com/ I have the link on my homepage because I think it's fabulous! I read about the "Menu Planning Monday" and since I've been menu planning for years, I thought this was right up my alley to participate.
I can't imagine grocery shopping without a list and how else would you develop a list if you didn't plan out your meals and what you needed to make them? So for years I've started with my white board (to which I also use throughout the week to write down things we need to buy next week) and go through Sunday through Saturday of our meals. (my week starts on Sunday since that's when I go shopping, so I'm a day off for MPM)
This helps not only for shopping, but there were all to many nights Tony and I asked back and forth what do you want for dinner a thousand times before we just ended up out to eat somewhere. I think that was a strategy for him, but now with very busy lives, there just isn't time for that. When it's planned out a week ahead of time, it makes preparing dinner after a busy work day so much easier and less stressful!
So here it is, my first Menu Planning Monday post, I'm just sorry this week isn't more exciting! We've got busy schedules for the evenings, so there is a lot of convenient dinners in here!
Sunday: Steak & Chicken Shish Kabobs, wild rice and corn on the cob
Monday: Hot Dogs, Fries and Baked Beans (Tony's softball night)
Tuesday: Chicken Sandwiches - we used the Tyson breaded chicken patties which are really quite tasty! and corn on the cob again (Tony's cooking - I have a hair appt!)
Wednesday: Pasta in Vodka Sauce. I use Rachel Ray's recipe that she had on Oprah a couple years ago. http://www2.oprah.com/foodhome/food/recipes/food_20060228_pasta.jhtml I use penne pasta and I also add ground italian sausage to it and it's terrific!
Thursday: Waffles - Hannah favorite (Tony's got a concert to go to)
Friday: Pizza, probably a frozen one
Saturday: Our friend's son, Evan's, 1st Birthday Party - so we're having what they're serving!
Here's my whiteboard on my fridge for this week:
1 comment:
Welcome to your first MPM! I know you will enjoy it here. SO many good ideas to learn from others! Of course, you have been planning menus for a while so you have it down, you can help inspire others!
Post a Comment