Tuesday, June 24, 2008

She fibs too

Ok, so yesterday's post explained that Hannah is an actress, a whiner and a tattletale. Today, I add "liar" - well fibber sounds less harsh - to her list of attributes.
Today on the way home from work, she told me she had a boo-boo on her knee. I asked how she got it and she told me that she hit it on the door at Kendal and John's house. Since we haven't been to their house since Mother's Day in May (we need to do a better job at visits), I asked her when did she get the boo-boo. Her answer was "this morning". OK, so I thought she was just talking and not making much sense of her story, but she proceeded to tell the same story (fib) three times during the ride home! She's something else!

OK, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to document the potty progress - yes, I did say progress! This morning at home, she pooped in her potty again!! YAY for Hannah!! She didn't have such a good morning at Val's house though. She totally cries when she has to sit on the potty and Val's husband, Graham, convinced Val (the expert in this area) that Hannah was being "tortured" by the process and to just let her get off. Within minutes, there was pee all over the carpet. OK, Graham, you may have won over Hannah, but you both lose from now on!!! She also had a small poop accident at Val's, but it was sort of OK because as soon as she went, she told Val that she needed her diaper changed. Val tried explaining that she wasn't wearing a diaper, etc and Hannah started to cry. When asked why she was crying she said because she needed changed. Val then realized what happened and commended her for telling her, but reminded her that she needed to tell someone she had to go before she went in her pants.
Tonight at home was all success! She went on the potty twice and had no accidents!!!
Val confirmed (very strongly) what we already know about little Miss Hannah - she is Extremely Stubborn!!! Wonder where that comes from?????

No comments: