So we had to work on New Year's Eve. Daycare called to pick Hannah up by 10:00 Wednesday morning. Their furnace went out - or so we're told - so we had to pick her up. She came to work with me for the rest of the morning and into the afternoon. I had a movie there for her to watch and she sat in my office and was overall, really good. We had lunch together and then I tried finishing up a few things and we left around 2:30. My dad came up to fix the hot water tank that he just installed the night before. There was a leak on the new one and he insisted on coming up to take care of it - THANK YOU DAD!!!!! I felt so guilty to have him drive up just to do a quick little fix, but he said that's what he signed up for 30-some years ago! Anyway, I really appreciate it!!!
We got ready and went over to our friend's house - Mike & Heather - to celebrate the New Year. Everyone brought their kids so they all played together and we just hung out and played a few games too. It was fun. The kids got their jammies on around 9-10:00 and watched a couple movies. Hannah was SO exhausted, but she made it all the way to midnight!!!! Here are a few pictures from the evening:


And this one was just minutes after midnight - Hannah just couldn't take it anymore!!! She was SO tired!

We packed up to go home shortly after midnight and went to bed. We had a pretty lazy day New Year's Day. We went to my mom's for dinner and then back home again. We both worked Friday and didn't do much Friday evening.
I went for a massage this morning! So nice! Tony had gotten it for me for my birthday and I wanted to use it before the place closes down - no sign of that, but who knows with this lovely economy! It felt great and the therapist commented on how many knots I had in my neck and back! Yeah, no kidding! Just a few weeks ago making cookies, I almost couldn't stand upright because I was so knotted up! Maybe that's why I've had headaches lately too? Well, anyway, it felt great and I'll have to maybe do that for myself every now and then.
Here's some pictures of Hannah's "one month before I'm 3". I can't believe that's less 30 days from now! YIKES - guess I'd better decide what we're doing to celebrate it - party or no party?? She's just so excited to get to be the one who gets to blow out the candles this time!!! She's been to so many other people's birthday parties the past several months, so she's ready for it to be her turn! Although, it was awfully nice of Jesus to let her blow out the candles on his cake last week!!
We're off to play poker tonight! Wish me luck!!!



1 comment:
Sounds like fun! Happy New Year Mary! Much Love, Maggie
Post a Comment