

Yep, we bought a minivan!!! Can't believe it and I'm still trying to decide whether we did the right thing or not, but I think we did. I just hope I don't hate it! I spent the entire weekend trying to talk myself into the idea (along with a lot of internet research) and we found this van. It's actually pretty nice - It's a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country, it's preowned (sounds better than "used"). It was a rental vehicle in California. It's pretty loaded up, which is what sold us. Here's a couple more pictures of inside:

Touch screen stero with satelite radio and backup camera. Climate controls all over the van and second and third row seating that is all stow-n-go, meaning you can fold some or all of the seats completely flat into the floor - so cool!

Also, a feature I didn't think I'd ever get - a DVD player. I think it's insane that kids have to watch TV on the way to the store, so I vowed that we wouldn't ever have one...we did buy a portable one for long trips, but it has only been in the car for long trips...BUT, it's in there and I'm sure to settle a few battles with a 3 year old, it may be on from time to time on a short trip to the store. I also swore I'd never have a minivan, but I guess I reserve the right to change my mind!!!!

So there you have it, the ending to the car shopping dilema. We ended up with a minivan!!! I still have to figure out what to do about turning my car in within the next month. I'm trying to get the inspection scheduled and find out if they're going to charge me for anything...I'm thinking maybe tires, so I may put on a really cheap set before I have to turn it in, we'll see....and then I have to get used to the idea of driving this thing. We're really excited to have it to take on vacation, sure made the idea of another 14 hour drive much easier! One other thing, I sure hope both of our cars fit into the garage!! I don't have the van home yet - probably not until Thursday at the earliest. It's going through the certification process and I can't go back to get it until they're open late so Tony can take me (I'd have a little bit of trouble getting two cars home at once!!)
1 comment:
Totally laughing. I can't believe you got a minivan! You'll love it though. Especially loaded like that. I LOVE mine. Can't imagine not having it. It'll grow on ya! Hmm...now you need a baby to fill it up! hahahahaha
Post a Comment