Friday, January 16, 2009

Last Jury duty update

Well, the good news is today, I was back at work - jury duty is DONE!!!


Yesterday, actually went quickly. As I said, my morning was busy, so it went by fast. I had my lunch, and then just went between emails and internet games for the rest of the afternoon. Right around 3:30, they dismissed all the "wednesday jurors" to go home for the day and to report back Friday. They asked all the "monday jurors" to stay. We stayed so that they could pass out our letters and certificates because we were dismissed for the week. Our civil duty was fulfilled!!!! YEAH!!!


So I never did get on a final jury. I experienced how a civil case is handled - at least how it starts and I saw how a criminal case begins, but didn't get that far into it. I saw all walks of society there. I realized I do not want to work downtown and have REALLY appreciated my 10 minute commute to work. Anyway, it's done so back to my normal routine, which is good - suits me well.

I didn't have a ton of stuff to come back to today at work since I was able to stay in touch for the most part this week, so that was good. I'm off on Monday, so it's a short week next week too. We don't have much planned this weekend and since it's brutally cold, I'm guessing we will be indoors most of the weekend. Tony and I need to start getting serious about the car shopping thing, so I'll do some more research online and maybe - if it warms a little - we will venture out to take a look at our options.

So much for the daily posting, I'm sure I'll get back to my regular -once-a-week updates....I'll try to do it more often, but the weeks just get so busy and I can never seem to find the time. Anyway, stay warm and I'll get a post up here with some pictures soon!!

No comments: