Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jury Duty, Day 4

I don't have much exciting to report on how yesterday finished up. I was never called all day and it was a long day sitting at a cubicle on the computer. I explored some new internet games which was fun! About 3:20, I started packing up my things because the day before they had dismissed around 3:30. I was sitting and waiting for the announcement and at about 3:27, they came on - to call a new jury!!! I held my breath so not to have to hear my name....whew, my name wasn't called, but I felt sorry for the 22 that were - even though most of them are probably idiots!!!!

We were all wondering what that would mean for us and as the minutes passed, we were getting nervous. I decided to open my computer back up and sign on, figuring that would trigger the dismissal call! They finally dismissed us right around 3:45 and I headed out of here and to the parking garage. The roads were pretty nasty, so I was afraid for what that would mean for my commute. It was backed up getting on the highway, but the split off of 490 was moving. I was moving at about 40 mph, which was plenty fast for the road conditions and then it came to a hault at around 150th. Traffic moved between 5-10 mph the rest of the way until after Brookpark Road, where it started picking up again. I got to Val's to get Hannah around 5:45. This 2 hour commute is for the birds! But at least I made it on time (with frozen windshield wipers)

We got home and I made dinner and gave Hannah a bath. Then we watched another episode of American Idol and I headed to bed.

Got up early again and left the house by 7:30. Roads & traffic were pretty crappy again this morning, and I got to the parking garage right around 8:30. "my spot" was taken today - how dare that person!!! but I found another spot nearby and got on the computer. I did some work stuff including an online course for work that took about the first 2 hours. As people were called, a cube opened back up, so I moved over there - it's much better to work at and a little more private. I paid some bills and then before I knew it, it was lunchtime. I went to warm up my soup and came back to eat. They've only called about 3 or 4 groups today, so far, I wasn't in any of the lineups. It's 2:30 now, and knowing I only have about an hour to an hour & 1/2 left is encouraging. I don't think it's snowing anymore today, so I'm praying the roads are better today and I get home more easily. I also wonder if I have to come tomorrow or not???

Well, I guess for now, I'll return to internet games. I haven't done that yet today, so it sounds like a good thing to do.

Oh, hold on, they're calling another group.............whew, off the hook again. More waiting!

No comments: