Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snowy January Events

OK, now that you had your share of boring posts with no pictures, I'll do a little updating with fun stuff!

Last Sunday, Hannah had her first birthday party for the year....she gets about 3!!! Every year in January, my mom's side of the family gets together to celebrate the "January Birthdays". It's for my Grandma, my mom's cousin Jen and my Grandma's sister, Norma (her birthday is actually in February) and now Hannah too! This year, we had a little party at my Grandma's retirement home. They have a little party room and it ended up being a nice gathering.

Here are a couple pictures.





This one is Hannah and Carly, my cousin Kevin's daughter that just turned 2 in December.

Then, this past weekend, we decided to take Hannah sled riding. Good idea - at first! First, the hill was really steep and neither Tony nor I have good boots, so getting to the top with a sled and a child was a huge challenge! I was only there for picture taking.


They got up there and I came about half way down to get pictures and down they went! Here's a video:



Hannah might have liked it, but got a face-full of snow at the bottom and started to cry!!




She wanted to play in the snow some more, so we tried a smaller hill and she faced backwards in Tony's lap. That was OK, but she still wasn't so into sledding. Tony made a couple more attempts at the big hill, but got frustrated that it took so much work to go up and coming down didn't end up being all that much fun. So we headed home. While Tony tried to go down the hill, Hannah made a snow angel and had fun just playing in the snow. She wanted to make a snowman, but the snow is too fluffy for that - not good packing snow at all.










Then check out this crazy hair!!! I just thought this picture was funny! I think this was from static from the chair.

Oh, and just before this conversation:

Tony: Hannah, what are you doing (in the kitchen very quietly)?

Hannah: I found something.

Tony: What did you find?

Hananh: A booger

Tony: Where did you find that?

Hannah: In my nose!!!

If you didn't already know, Tony is totally grossed out by boogers!!! But of course, this was hilarious!!!

And one more thing, mostly for Maggie, but for anyone else that wants to see my quilts! I had forgotten to take a picture of the quilt I made my Grandma for Christmas, so I took a couple quick pics when we were at her place last week:




That's about it, I guess. We're planning Hannah's birthday and still trying to figure out the car thing.

No comments: