I thought my only option was going to be to buy out my lease since I do really like my car, it's only got 26,000 miles and my buyout is pretty reasonable.
So yesterday, I decided to start researching my options. To my pleasant surprise, I think I can buy a new one for the same payment I'm paying now for my current lease! I went to a Chevy Dealership and found that they were offering an V6 Impala for $15,406 and a 4-cylinder Malibu for $15,731. I secured reasonable financing rates so both of these were well within my budget!! It sort of seems like a "no-brainer" to pay $300 less for more car and go with the Impala, however, my husband doesn't like the look of the Impala!!! No mention of a bigger, better, faster, upgraded car.....it doesn't LOOK as good inside or out, so it's really not an option - or not one that he'd be happy with. The catch - the deal ends today.......(of course it does!!!)
So today, I go back to the Mercury dealer where I got my Milan 3 years ago. I can actually get a V6 Milan for $15,892...also within my budget, but my salesman says he thinks the rebates may even get better for the Milan a week from now and suggested I wait to do anything. (by the way, in case anyone is wondering, they're extending the employee pricing for Ford another week).
So the typical Tony and Mary would act now and somewhat impulsively as to not let the good deal slip away, but, I'm very proud to say (and I may kick myself in a month) we're holding off. I'm going to make my final payment and revisit the issue at the end of the month.
Worse case, I can get the new Milan for the same and maybe a few bucks less than he offered me today. I can give the Chevy Dealership another shot at the same (or better) offer in a month. Then - and only then - I just have to make up my mind which car I want to drive for the next 5-8 years!!! I've been so spoiled by leasing all these years and getting a new car every few years, but now I guess we'll be buying a car that I will have to drive for a while.
I'll keep my eye on the incentives and maybe, just maybe, waiting will actually proove to be a better option. I guess there is a chance I won't get as good of a deal in a month, but for once, I'm not being impulsive and I'll take that chance....you'll all hear about it if the best deal slipped pass me!!!
The other good news was that I actually took 1/2 day of vacation today to do this....I never take time off work and honestly, this felt pretty darn good!!! I will also probably regret this when I return to my piles of unfinished business, but that too, will just have to work itself out. I'm really only worried about it since I have jury duty all week next week, so I lose another week of work, but oh, well!!!
So tonight Hannah had gymnastics again and this was the first night in her new class. I was a little worried, but I had explained to her that she was not going to be in Miss Kim's class anymore, but instead with the bigger kids in Miss Callie's class. She told Bobo about that today, so I thought we might be OK since she seemed to be OK with the change. The good news was that Miss Kim wasn't there today, so that probably helped the transition. She went with Miss Callie after warm ups just fine and was actually really excited to be in a different class. She did really well tonight and this group of kids are a little older and seem to listen better and sit still, so that should be really good for Hannah. I took a few pictures tonight, but they're really grainy for some reason. The gym seems well lit, but the pictures come out terrible for some reason? I tried just about every setting on my camera and they just don't come out well. Also there are a TON of orbs in my pictures!!! That place is either haunted or just has a ton of energy in it!!! Here are a few:


The new class is 15 minutes longer, so they get to do a little extra, which is nice. Tonight they got to play with the parachute - which Hannah thought was just great!



No comments:
Post a Comment