Saturday, May 17, 2008

A very lazy Saturday

So I was completely lazy today. I have to say I can't remember a day like this that I did pretty much nothing. I feel like I had good reason though considering my last 3 weeks have been pretty exhausting. The first week of May I had an audit at work, so I was there pulling audit stuff for 12 days straight. Then the following week, I had to go to Cincinnati Tuesday through Thursday for a meeting. This past week I worked until 9:30 Tuesday night to prepare for our District Operations Review on Wednesday. Then I was back at the office by 7 am Wednesday and stayed again until 6:30. Thursday and Friday were spent trying to play catch up with everything that hasn't gotten done in the past 3 weeks. My job is pretty much going to do a 180 and I'm getting tasked with a lot more responsibility....wonder when the salary adjustment will come?? It'll all be pretty good changes that will give me a challenge and if nothing more, great resume building skills.
So I have to say, Tony gets Daddy of the Month this month! He's been picking up a lot of my slack and taking good care of Hannah by himself while I've been working late and out of town. The biggest challenge for him is doing Hannah's hair in the morning. He put (his words) one of those half moon shaped things (aka: headband) in her hair a couple days and I guess attempted a pony tail another. Wish I had been able to see his work!
So back to my do nothing day. I did get up early thanks to Hannah. Tony took Hannah to the playground to play with Maci this morning. That gave me a little bit of time to create this wonderful blog! Then I laid on the couch with Hannah while she watched Dora. I managed to get up to get her lunch, but ended up right back in my spot for a nap when she went down. We moved to my bed after her nap where I laid around while she watched more videos. Finally, by 5:00 this evening, I got dressed and actually did something productive. I dusted and vaccumed the house. Tony left to go to the Kid Rock concert tonight and Hannah and I went for a big night out at KFC for dinner. We came back home and played a little and she went to bed. Now here I am, lounging again, and updating you all on my very much-needed lazy day!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That sounds like a really really good day to me. :)