Monday, May 19, 2008

Have I warped by child??

OK, so there a couple funny things that I have to tell about Hannah. I wonder if I'm a good influence or not? Not really, but I seem to be passing on some of my quirky habits to her unintentionally.
Last night, Tony was giving her a bath. When it was time to get out, she didn't want to because she was "still busy cleaning". She wipes the walls down with her washcloth and actually REALLY enjoys doing it! He said, "come on Mary, you don't have to always be cleaning something" and dragged her out of the tub!
This morning, I handed her shoes to her to take them downstairs to get ready to go. She happened to look at the bottom of them and freaked out because there was dirt of them. She did not want to wear them because they were dirty. She told Tony she needed to buy new shoes because this pair (which are 2 weeks old) were dirty (on the bottom)! I like that she appreciates things to be clean, but have I gone too far with setting the expectation for her?? YIKES!

So this morning, Hannah was in the bathroom with me while I was doing my hair. I've always wondered what her hair would like like straight, so I ran my straightening iron through it!! I've been wanting to do it, but I hadn't really had the opportunity and didn't want it to seem weird to do anything drastic to a 2 year old. But since I was curious and she was right there, I gave it a shot.
Here's what it looked like:








It looked OK, but I guess God made Hannah with curly hair, so now that I've sufficed my curiosity, I'll leave her hair alone!

But I guess I haven't warped Hannah completely. Today she actually performed a little for the camera. Shocking since she has learned to hate the sight of it. I thought I'd share a little of her wonderful talent with you all :-)




1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm totally cracking up at her videos! The last one is my favorite - what a little ham!