Love thinking of titles!!!
OK, so I totally intended on posting Father's Day as it's own post, giving it all the attention it truly deserves, however, the week got away from me and I didn't have even one second to get on the computer to post, so now it becomes a combined story with the other happenings of this week.
So, first things first - Father's Day, last Sunday.
We started the day off with giving Daddy his cards and presents. It's fun watching him have his hands full with two children in his lap. Thank goodness Hannah is so willing to help open his cards and presents for him!!
We got him a new golf shirt and a new phone. I finally gave in and let him get a new phone, with the data package, so luckily, he's no longer in the dark ages with me and can text using a qwerty keyboard and surf the internet from anywhere his little heart desires!!!
We all got dressed and headed out to meet Dad and Julia for breakfast. Here are Hannah and Nicholas in their new outfits. Nicholas' shirt says my dad is Awesome, Fun and The Best!!
We went to a new place and it was very good. Alexandris in Medina, very fast and great service, good breakfast food too! They got us a wagon for the kids!! It was great!
We were going to go to the zoo, but it was just too hot, so we decided to go to Swings-N-Things instead. Good idea, but maybe not so worth it once we got there. We had a great time and it was fun, but it's pretty overpriced for what they have available to do. Oh, well....it was Father's Day, so it was worth it! Hannah and Tony rode the bumper boats a few times.
We played a round of miniature golf

And then we did an arcade bowling to cool off.


We went to Verizon to pick out Tony's phone and then we headed home and grilled some sausage sandwhiches for dinner. Everyone got baths and we called it a day - a GREAT day! Happy Father's Day Tony! You're a great father and the kids are very lucky to have you!
Monday morning, I got a call from daycare at around 9:20 - not even a half hour after Tony dropped them off. I was sort of irritated at first because I didn't think there was anything wrong, but Val said I needed to come pick up Nicholas because they thought he was sick and they weren't comfortable keeping him there. When I got there around 9:30, he looked really rashy and I lifted up his shirt and he was covered all over in huge red welts - major case of hives. I realized he was allergic to something, but the problem was that I did 3 new things this past weekend, so how was I to figure out what it was? I took him back to work for a little while so I could finish some of the things I was working on and stopped at CVS to get him some benedryl. We got home around noon, I fed him and this is what he looked like then - the welts were mostly gone, and he was left with this rash.



He was acting totally normal and happy. I took him to the doctor around 2:45 that afternoon and by then, most of the rash had gone away on it's own (I didn't give him any benedryl). So it obviously was either the rice cereal, the formula (which I used to mix his rice cereal on Sunday) or the new baby Aveeno baby wash and lotion I used on him Sunday after his bath. The weird thing was that it took 14 hours for his reaction to come through. So the doc recommended going back to the old baby wash and starting the cereal the following weekend.
I decided to start with the formula first since I'm going to be needing it soon - my frozen milk stockpile is diminishing quickly! I gave him 2 ounces on Thursday night. He got a little rash, but not as bad as earlier in the week. I gave him another 2 ounces Friday night and he broke out again, still not as bad, but I'm beginning to think I've found the problem. We gave him 2 ounces of soy formula Saturday night and he seems totally fine. I am going to stick with the soy for about a week and then give him the other stuff next weekend and see what happens. I think that might be the problem, but I want to be sure. I'm hoping this may be something he outgrows - food allergies are no fun and I'm hoping if he has them, they won't be severe or a major problem. We'll see.
And now the story of the bump. Hannah had swimming lessons Saturday morning. I took her while Tony stayed home with Nicholas. I went back into the pool area when her class was over and was standing by the pool talking to someone about Nicholas's rash issue. All of a sudden, Josh gasped and I looked up and Hannah was climbing the stairs to the slide and had seemed to have fallen forward. She looked up at me and started to cry so I told her to come down the stairs. She instantly had a huge goose-egg bump with a dent in it on her forehead. The rec center people were great. They got an icepack and we sat in the first aid room and checked her out. They wanted to call the paramedics to check her out, which I didn't think was totally necessary, but they thought it was a good idea as a precautionary measure. They came and checked her and she seemed fine, so they left and told me what to watch for in case of a concussion. She had quite a bump and a bruise, but she was fine. I forgot to take a picture of it yesterday and today, it's really not that bad!
She and I went shopping for a birthday gift for Reese and she was doing OK, no headache, no feeling sick. We did some things around the house and she took a nap. She took a shower with me - her first shower!!! She's been wanting to take a shower, so today was the big day! We got ready and went to Reese's second birthday party.


After the birthday party, we went to the Brunswick Home Day's fair. Hannah got to ride some rides and we watched Mr. Speed (a KISS tribute band) for a while until it started to rain and it got late. Nicholas was so happy - blowing major raspberries in his stroller!
We were very lazy today, which was fine since it was super hot - over 90 today! I got groceries and did laundry and we had dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment