My 4-month old is Rollin'
Watch that baby moving
Around!!!
(that was to the tune of Rawhide in case you wanted to sing along!! Perhaps that may be something only my dad or sister can appreciate?)
So yeah, Nicholas rolled over this weekend - from his back to his tummy. He did it on his activity mat. He rolls on to his side real easy and then he uses the bars of the toy thing and kicks over. He had some trouble getting his arm out from underneath him, but he did it!!! He actually enjoyed being on his tummy then for a while. Val said he was rolling both ways today at daycare - from back to tummy and then to his back again...I wonder if he was completely on his tummy or if his arm was still tucked under him.
I can't believe how fast that came! This is like one of the first big "firsts" and I can't believe it happened already! We're going to be celebrating his first birthday before I know it *sniff, sniff*! I may have said this before, but as each new baby thing passes, it's a little sad to know that will be the last time we do it since we're not going to have any more children. It's just the realization that each phase is the last time in our life we'll experience it. Reality sets in that we're getting older and moving on to different things...good things!
We had a great weekend! Saturday night, we went to Shinto with Laura & Aaron. Nicholas had his first babysitter. Gloria, our teenager down the street, did a great job watching all 4 of the kids! We laughed because she might do better than the actual parents since we got home around 10:30 and all 4 kids were in bed. When we were over at their house on Friday night, the 3 girls were all still running wild at 11:00 at night!!!
I tackled more weeding Sunday in the hot, humid, sticky weather. I cleaned up the island in our back yard that was completely full of thistle weeds. I always forget to take "before" pictures, but here's one from last week that you can see the mess of weeds in the background.
I put down that landscaping fabric and then mulched on top. I really hope that the fabric keeps the weeds away and that area is no longer a big maintenance area. Tony got the grass cut and trimmed. We laughed because our backyard will look great by the end of summer if we get the deck redone and finish all the weeding and landscaping! Hopefully we'll have a chance to enjoy it before winter comes.






No comments:
Post a Comment