Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend to now

It is I, the absent blogger, here again with a long update to cover the past 10 days or so.

Hannah had her last swimming lesson for the session the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. She did OK this time around, but has a lot of work to do to be self-sufficient in the pool. She's enrolled for the preschool alone class again in two more weeks.
After swimming, Tony and I did a ton of yard work. Our deck is falling apart and really needs to be redone, but it was even worse off with all of the weeds growing in and around it. I spent the day pulling them and cleared up the whole area. We have flower (weed) beds around the perimeter. We're digging it all up and starting over. We also want to cut down our lilac bush in the corner - all that will come when we actually re-do the deck. We're working on getting about 5-10 quotes on the deck. We hope we're able to do it this summer. It's a great structure, but kind of crappy since it's falling apart so badly. Tony got all the grass cut (twice) and I still have a lot of weeding around the yard to go, but at least we go the deck area cleaned up. So now we're scheduling some contractors out over the next couple weeks.






Last Sunday, we spent the day down at my dad's. My sister was home from Florida for the weekend, so we spent some time with Grandma & Grandpa and Aunt Susan and the soon-to-be Uncle Will....this comes a little late, but Congratulations to my sister. She's engaged to be married to Will and will be moving back up to Ohio this summer. We're excited to have her back and now Hannah can tease her about eating corn all the time!!!

Hannah wiped out on the drive way for the 3rd time this weekend! She got herself some serious scrapes!!! Her knees and elbow were a wreck!


I went to get a few groceries Monday morning and then we got ready to go next door for a cookout. The kids played in the pool and sprinkler all afternoon and then we ate.



I ended up going home a little while after that to lay down with Nicholas. He was pretty fussy and I was a little worried about the sleeping thing since he didn't want to sleep in his bed again Sunday night. Since this is now after the fact, we're proud to report, that was just a bad night. Nicholas has successfully slept all night in his bed (with one feeding during the night) for over 2 weeks now!!! AND I'm excited to say, this past Saturday night, he slept ALL night straight until 6:00 am!!!! It was good and bad. I loved that he truly slept all night long, but if he's going to get up at 6 now, I'm going to have to refigure my schedule during the week! That was only one night so far, so I guess I'll worry about that when it starts happening more often.

The work week went quickly...I love short weeks! We need more of them! We spent Tuesday evening outside, going for a walk. Nicholas likes his stroller and he loves to watch Hannah - she has fun being his big sister too!



Wednesday was my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday mom) and was also Hannah's Gymnastic's Expo. It was a really long show this year. It went for over 2-1/2 hours and the kids were tired. She had a blast though and was so excited to get her ribbons and medal. Picture taking in the gym isn't good, so I don't have great pictures - sorry!





I had my NAWIC meeting on Thursday night. I got home around 9:30 and Tony had “the look” on his face! Nicholas gave him a run for his money with crankiness. He was fine when I got home. Hannah might be right, Nicholas may just really miss me when I’m not there…that was her explanation for him crying a lot at daycare.

We didn’t do anything Friday night other than get a pizza and play outside. We’ve been doing that a lot now that the weather is nice. It’s great. The girls from next door and Hannah ride bikes and play together and we hang out with Laura & Aaron.

I got my haircut Saturday morning. It is really nothing drastic, or really much different, but I had a new guy cut it and I liked how he did it a lot better. I wasn’t very crazy about how my other guy ever cut my hair. I used to really liked how he colored it, but since I don’t pay to get that done anymore (I do it myself) it was time to switch for haircuts. I was so way overdue! I hadn’t had a haircut since November! It feels much better now! And the even better news was that I used a gift certificate that the girls from work got me for Christmas AND I still have $45 left for the next cut!

When I got home, I wanted to do something different and fun, so we took Hannah to Memphis Kidde Park. We had never been there before, but it was fun – perfect for a quick fun thing to do for the day! There are about 15 different rides there, each one being one ticket. The tickets don’t expire, so if you don’t use them all during your trip, they’ll be good the next time you go. You can’t take drinks in other than sippy cups and bottles and concessions are a bit pricey, but we had a great time! Hannah got to ride 10 rides and then it started to rain, so it was a perfect amount of time spent there for the day.
The cranky bug bit Hannah after that, so we were going to go to the mall, but instead went home for naps!

We went to dinner later that evening and then back home. The kids went to bed and Tony and I played a few games of poker and then went to bed too. This was the night Nicholas slept until 6:00!!! He wouldn’t go back down in his bed after since it was already light out, so I brought him back to our bed. We slept until Hannah got up around 9. We all got dressed and went out to breakfast. I cleaned the house and did more laundry and Tony was working at rearranging his KISS room. I went grocery shopping and then we had dinner. Nicholas had a little tummy time, which is helping his strength so much. He is pushing his arms up and kicks his feet around and wiggles a lot! He's just getting so big, so fast!
We sat outside while Hannah played for a little while, gave the kids baths and got some ice cream! We over-indulged ourselves this weekend, so the dieting begins again this week for Tony and I!

We had a great week and a terrific weekend!
Tonight, we ate dinner and then hung out in Hannah's room, playing games, doing puzzles and coloring. She's such a great kid!

No comments: