So for the wrap-up:
Last Friday, Tony stayed home with Hannah. They built a fort.
They also went to the playground and the library. Hannah has proven to know more about movies than we do! She knew all about the titles of things we hadn't even heard of....like Mariposa. It's a Barbie video about butterfly fairies. They got a couple others as well.
Hannah went to my mom's on Saturday. I did some things around the house and took a nap. Tony left to go to the Journey concert and I went to play in our first poker tournament of the new season. I had real high hopes for my game that night and just hoped to get good cards. Well, I probably never had better cards and was out within 40 minutes. Seriously, my first hand was Ace/King - I won that. My second hand was pocket Aces - I lost terribly! I just kept getting great hands and actually threw several decent hands away. I got Ace/King again and went all in to get called to a guy who also had Ace/King - so we split. I went out on a full house with 4's over Aces to a guy with 4 ACES! Are you kidding? 4 ACES?? I just got my purse and went home. I can't say I remember ever being the first one out, but I played more aggressively than normal, but could hardly be mad because I had the cards to do it....anyway, there's always next time!! So I went home and finished working on Hannah's quilt. I worked on it until 2 in the morning! Since I don't sleep these days, I just kept going and going.
Sunday, Tony and I went to breakfast. I never complain at a restaurant, but we waited at Bob Evans for over 1/2 hour for an omlette and a turkey sandwich. I was getting really aggitated, so I got up to go find out where our food was. A manager was getting it on a tray and brought it over to us. He didn't bat an eye at the fact I was angry and complaining about how long it took. That annoyed me even more that he didn't even apologize! I meant to call or write a letter this week, but I forgot...maybe I'll do it yet this weekend???
We went out to my mom's after that. I hit the second hand stores for some fall clothes for Hannah. I got a ton of stuff for $75!! I swear that is the way to go for her stuff. I get her some new stuff too, but for every day wear stuff, that's the way to stretch a dollar!
Monday - yeah, not to sure what happened then. I guess it was a typical day. I remember not having a bad day, so that was good!
Tuesday - work again and then I went grocery shopping after dinner. I realized that I can get in and out of Marc's much faster on a Tuesday night vs. a Sunday afternoon. While I was out, Tony and Hannah were playing outside. We could quite possibly have a little Tiger on our hands?? What do you think?
She actually hits the ball quite well, but by the time Tony got the camera, she was starting to get bored of doing it. I finished the top of Hannah's quilt. I have to put it together and start quilting. I ran into a snag because it's bigger than any other I've done before and I wasn't quite sure how to do the backing since I have to piece it to make it big enough. Thanks Maggie for some tips. I hope to get to it this weekend. I'm not posting any pictures since this will be a Christmas gift for Hannah - you can all see it on or after Christmas!!
Wednesday, I was summoned for jury duty, but when I called the night before, it was cancelled. I totally needed a break from work and since I had planned not to go in to work, I decided to stay home. I cleaned the carpets and windows. I did a little running around and took a short nap. It was a nice day off and much needed!
Thursday, same old, same old at work. I made pot roast in the crock pot, so we came right home to dinner - and so good!!! It's a super simple recipie. I get a 1-1/2# chuck roast for us, cut up some carrots, potatoes and onion and put all that in the crock pot (meat on the bottom). Then mix 1/2 cup of water with (1) envelope each of dry brown gravy, italian dressing and ranch dressing and pour it over the top. Cook on low all day and that's it - very delicious, tender meat!!
And today, was finally Friday! Work was actually OK. Tony's got a cold and I'm in for a "fun" weekend of football!!! I just hope OSU doesn't blow the weekend for me. By the time the Browns play, the weekend will be essentially over, so they can't hurt too much. Hopefully they both do well and we can all be happy here at our house! It didn't work when I just suggested lowering the expectations so that a potential loss wouldn't hurt that bad. Evidently, that's unheard of!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment