Monday, September 29, 2008

Hannah gets the gold!

Big News!!

Hannah started gymnastics tonight!!! She's been talking about "Nastics" ever since the Olympics. She enjoys doing summersaults and so I looked into a gym and she started tonight. She LOVED it!! She's in a parent/child class for now, but she did really well for her first night. There's a lot of kids and so much going on in the gym with the other classes. She had a tough time listening to all the directions, but she did all the activities pretty well. And she just loved jumping on the bouncy floor and mats.
Here she is when we first got there and were waiting for class to begin.






And here we are on our way into class.


Here's Hannah doing rolls forward and backward on the ball....we had to turn her around because at first she was facing the mirror and was having a hard time "walking with her hands" because she was watching herself in the mirror!!


And then she walked on the beam. They have one on the floor that she mastered and then she learned how to mount and walk across a little higher one with some help.


And then she jumped off the spring board


Hopping on one foot gave her quite a bit of trouble. She will need to practice that a lot more!


And then she did some donkey kicks, which she did right away on her own, and then was helped into a handstand.

I think she's really going to enjoy it. On the way there tonight, she said, "mommy, I'm being excited!" And then when it was over, she said, "I want to do it again!" The gym is really busy and I hope she starts paying closer attention to actually take some direction - in time of course - it was the first night!! Anyway, this is what we will now be doing on Monday nights!! I'm on the lookout for a leotard that actually fits her too! The smallest one I could find is a 4T so her butt hung out of it all night - well her panties did anyway!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay! How fun. I really wish we could get Emma started in something, just too hard right now since all the classes are Mommy & Me ones - can't do that with Mackenzie. But once she turns 3 and I can drop her off (or really just stay and watch so I can take pictures, ha ha!) we'll get her started. Hannah looks so cute!