I did go grocery shopping this morning and then when I got home, I sat outside in the sun for a little bit. I figured I'd better soak up as much as I can since summer is almost over and there won't be too many sunny days while I'm home to enjoy. I then worked on Hannah's quilt for a while. I'm just about done with the blocks. Now I have to put it all together. I guess my goal is to get the top finished and put the batting and backing on and begin quilting it by the end of this month - I should be able to do that!
Yesterday, we headed down to my dad & julia's for the day. We stopped at the outlet mall since it was on the way down. I thought there was a Coach outlet there and I wanted to see about maybe getting a new purse for my birthday. There wasn't a Coach store, so I got Hannah a couple outfits from Carter instead. I don't think I got very good deals, although I'm sure I paid less than I would at Kohl's or somewhere that sells Carters. I've become "el cheapo" when it comes to her clothes and I don't generally spend more than $8.00 on tops or bottoms for her. I'll have to hit the second hand stores when I'm out by my mom's next week!
Anyway, we got to my dads around 1 and I put Hannah down for a nap. We hung around for a while and my dad had planted a lilac tree in memory of my Grandma (she loved the color lilac). We spread her ashes around the tree which also had soil that was brought from the farm where my Grandpa's ashes had been spread many years ago. As my dad spread them, he just said, "together again". Julia then spread what remained of our old dog Barney's ashes so that he could be with his favorite person - Grandma - forever!!! It was nice symbolism and a great way to be able to remember her!
Just as a note - my dad and Julia are going to Las Vegas next week. He saved a small amount of her ashes to spread out there!! Now, we realize that this is considered polluting, but I'm sure any courtroom would understand - she needed to have a little bit of her out there! She loved that place!!!
We ate dinner and then celebrated my birthday with some cake and a few gifts. It was really nice! After dinner, we went outside. Dad tried like heck to get Hannah to go for a ride on a tractor with him. Of course she was afraid of the noise of the tractors, so she didn't want to go. We did get her to sit up there when it was turned off. He even tried to let her pick a green one, or a yellow one, or three other green ones, but she didn't want to go...maybe next summer. Sorry Dad!! I knew how badly you wanted to take her for a ride. I don't know why she's so afraid of stuff???
So instead, we resorted to walking through the cornfield. I guess none of us are quite sure why we did that, but surprisingly, Hannah did pretty good. We walked sort of deep into it and it was all much taller than any of us. It was a little relieving when we finally came back out of it again (brought back memories of my childhood being left in the cornfield!!!) Tony is getting his taste of what life is like outside the city too!! He picked some vegetables in the garden today which I think may have been a first for him!
We got home a little after 9 last night and Hannah when straight to bed and I think I went shortly after that. It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment