Today when I picked her up from daycare, they were waiting outside on the front porch for me. I was standing and talking to Val and Destiny, so Hannah was running around the driveway. She tripped over her feet and fell and skinned her knees. I knew as I watched her slide across the cement that there was going to be theatrics, so I stood there waiting for it to come out. And OUT it did!!!
She stood up, looked at her knees and opened the floodgates. I hugged and consoled her and took a quick look and discovered two skinned knees - the right one with a little blood, the left one with just a few skin cells shaved off. Nothing too tragic for most. Not my Hannah though! Oh, how we thought a trip to the hospital might be in order, gosh, and maybe even surgery! I placed a band-aid on the right knee and helped her limp to her car seat and strapped her in. On the drive home, she kept hold over both knees and every few minutes would let out a whimper and a cry and even forced a few more tears. She was telling me, that her knees "were very ouchy". She even told me how "the tears keep falling out of her eyes". She pleaded for me to put some cream on them and "make them feel better". I had to stop and get gas, so our normal 10 minute ride home turned into about 20 minutes by the time we got home. So this meant almost 30 minutes had lapsed since the injury occurred. Well, she could hardly walk when we got out of the car. I managed to assist her hobbling up the front steps and into the house. That's when she fell helplessly to the floor and continued to hug her knees.
We made our way upstairs to the bathroom to administer the first aid. After a little cream (neosporin), a new band-aid, and a couple more kisses, things seemed to improve a bit.
She still had quite a bit of trouble walking, so I carried her down to the chair and gave her a boo boo bunny.
Ah, finally, she was feeling better. Until a few minutes ago when she got her jammies on. She had to relive the terrible accident as she pulled her jammies up over the injury. It even hurt to change her shirt. Oh, the poor thing!!
Anyone know a good agent? I think I need to sign her up for a movie role!!
So anyway, on to other news. Val has a new preschool curriculum for the kids. They learn all about number and letters and all the Spanish for the stuff they're going over. They learn more than the recognition of the number and letter, but also the meaning - like picking out "4 blocks", not just the number 4. They're also learning the difference between capital and lower case letters and how to write both. So yesterday, they told hananh to go get 4 blocks. She walks over to the blocks and picks them up one at a time and says, "uno, dos, tres, quatro" and brings them back. They didn't ask her to do it in Spanish, but she did. So I had to ask if she could do it in English too?! They looked at me funny and said of course she could! I just had to make sure that I was still going to be able to communicate with her and they weren't teaching her stuff that she was only comprehending in Spanish!!! Anyway, the program is really cool and she's learning so much more and is doing really well with it! They're working on letter D and number 4 and "all about me" which is body parts and facial expressions and emotions.
Here is her ditto today with her D's - pretty good writing for 2-1/2!! She does need to work on coloring though.
And her are her ears!! (this was during the "poor hurt me" saga - hence the snot and sad face)
And one more funny thing about her. Last night, she wanted to see the moon before she went to bed. We looked out each of the windows upstairs, but couldn't find it. I finally told her, "Hannah, I think it's just too cloudy or else the moon is on the other side of the house". She said (in these exact words), "no Mommy, actually, the moon is sleeping". Actually??? I didn't know she knew that word and how to use it!! She's something else!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment