Sunday, July 25, 2010

VBS Week

Last week was Hannah's first year attending Vacation Bible School! She LOVED it!!!
Monday morning, she was excited to go, although a little nervous. Here she is on the way there that morning.


And as we were walking in....this year's theme was "Son Rock, Kids Camp".

I realized I'll be a total wreck on the first day of school, because it was a little hard to leave her there the first day and she was trying with all her might not to cry. We both did great and she had a great first day. She came home with a CD of the songs, and crafts, crafts and more crafts!

I had such a busy week running her to VBS each morning, picking her up at noon, getting her lunch and running her back to daycare for the afternoon. It was really great to eat lunch with her all week!! That's something a working mom doesn't get to do and I realized how cool it is to get to do that for a week! We had Wendy's twice, she came back to my office twice and we ran home one day.


Friday, they had a close out program. It was so great. Hannah was an old pro at attending and the routine of being there. She was so excited to sing the songs for us. This is Hannah and Allie before the show began.


And here are a few pics of her singing her little heart out! Taking pictures in the church wasn't so great....sorry for the grainy pictures.




So anyway, she had a fantastic week and had so much fun! We can't wait for it again next year. I'm thinking I'll take the week off next year though.
Nicholas is sitting up on his own now!! Here he is one night last week where he was sitting on the floor. I kept a pillow behind him just in case he fell back, but he sat there playing for quite some time all by himself!!


Hannah likes it now too because she can play with him more now than when he was just a little baby lying there doing nothing!

He's also now rolling over in his bed at night....makes me crazy! I'm sort of ok when he sleeps on his side, but I'm still so nervous when he sleeps on his tummy. I know I can't stop him now, but I'm a nervous wreck!

Friday night, we went to the homecoming fair here in town....sorry, no pictures! It was super hot, but Hannah got to ride several rides before we left just before the storm rolled in.
Saturday, we went next door for Allie's birthday party. It was super hot out, but the kids enjoyed water fun outside while we stayed inside in the air condition! Here they are are as Allie opened her gifts and after singing happy birthday.




Even Nicholas enjoyed the party!

Saturday night, Hannah wanted to wear her KISS shirt as a nightgown (Tony soaks that up) but she wanted him to wear his shirt like hers! Too cute!



And how cute is Nicholas in his dinosaur jammies - he even has claws on his feet!!! How ferocious! We call him a snugglesauraus!
And lastly, how about this awesome sunset Saturday night outside the front of the house....well, really it's not the sunset, but really cool clouds because of the sunset!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Mary, the kids are sooo big! I love hearing what Molly will be doing here shortly! She's just a little behind him and the others her "age"! She rolls and sits up well on our laps and loves the excersaucer... when I saw your blog this morning I knew it won't be long now so I better enjoy what she is doing now!!! =) They both look so great and gosh... they look just like you!!!! =)