Monday, July 12, 2010

Silly Husband

I just had to post this story since it made me laugh out loud for about 10 minutes after it happened.

We were at Target the other day for an exciting family outing after dinner and we were walking through the AV section.

Tony saw a magazine with a skinny woman on the cover and said, "I expect you to look like this by the time summer is over!"

I quickly responded by pointing to another magazine cover with a man with a super-six pack and said, "Ok, as long as you look like this by then!"

He made some sort of other comment to which I said, "OK, Monte [Hall], I guess this is Let's Make a Deal". Then I said, "Kids these days probably have no clue who Monte Hall is, so maybe I should say Wayne Brady [since he now hosts the show]".

Here comes the funny part:
Then Tony asked, "Which one is that....the older one?" I looked at him with a goofy look and then he realized what he had just said - he was referring to the Brady Bunch, AND he was totally serious!!!! We both started to crack up laughing!!!

I understand that this may not be so funny to read, but I seriously kept laughing out loud for about 10 minutes after the conversation!!! I'm sure someday we'll be able to get another good laugh out of this when we go back and read it!

No comments: