Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nicholas is 5 Months!

"Happy Birthday" little guy! Today, you're 5 months old! You're getting so big, so fast and the months just fly right on by! I'm not so sure I'm ready for you to stop being a baby, so stay little for a while longer!!!

Nicholas is doing great. He has two teeth on the bottom and I think there might be two more working their way in. He is almost sitting up on his own. He can do it pretty well if he supports himself in the front, but he usually topples over to the side and occasionally backward - that one hurts! He can roll from his back to his tummy and from his tummy to his back. He scoots backwards when he's on his tummy - he's so ready to be on the move!!! He loves to raspberry, does it all the time! He knows it's funny too!!! He still enjoys napping in his swing, playing on his activity mat and in his exersaucer. He likes to grab his toes. He is finally sleeping better. As I posted earlier, he has had one night of completely sleeping through the night and most nights only wakes a few times and easily goes back to sleep. He goes down for the night between 9:30-10:30 most nights and sleeps until we wake him around 7:15 each weekday morning (until around 8 on the (good) weekends). He does this kicking thing when he's in his bed where he lifts both legs and slams them down on his mattress. It's loud and I'm not quite sure why he does it?!?!? He's still mostly on breastmilk, we supplement with the liquid gold (aka Nutramigen formula) and he has rice cereal for dinner and a bottle. He's such a little chunk, probably around 18 pounds. He's so very happy and loves to watch his sister. He's such a blessing and we just love him!!!!

This picture is from last week - so cute!!! You can sort of see his teeth. I used this picture for his baptism invitations.

We didn't get the greatest pictures today. He wanted to move around instead of sitting still for a picture session. Here is what we came up with.






And how about this sweetness? They just adore one another! Hannah is so sweet and tender toward her brother and Nicholas just can't get enough of watching his sister. I sure hope they'll be buddies like this forever! It's funny when they pose for pictures together because Nicholas is like half the size of Hannah already!





And tonight, Nicholas joined us at the dinner table in his highchair. We just used the one that sits on a chair. I think I may continue to use this one instead of the big one since it takes up so much more room and this one, with the tray, is perfect! Anyway, it was nice to have him join us for dinner at the table - LOVE this family!




No comments: