And most of you didn't even know we were gone!!! I'm sure you just assumed I was absent from the blog as usual, but we were away last week for our annual Spring Break Vacation in Hilton Head.
I was a mad-woman trying to get everything packed and ready to go the Thursday and Friday that we left (the 26th). It's amazing how much stuff you need to take with a 4 year old and a newborn! I had Hannah home from daycare on Friday because we were planning to get on the road by 2:00. It was all going fine and she was staying out of my way as I finished getting everything ready. Nicholas was good for me too. Then all of a sudden, around 11:00, Hannah started complaining that her ear was itching. She was pulling it and rubbing it like crazy. I asked her if she wanted to lay down, and she did for a while, but the itching ear was too much for her. I tried washing it off and putting hydrocortizone cream on it and that wasn't helping. She asked to play on the computer and so I let her and within a few minutes, she came up crying about her ear. I knew there was a problem because she doesn't cry when she's sick, unless she's really sick. I called the doctor around 11:45 to see if they could get her in before 1:00. They agreed to have her come right in (during their lunch - so nice and very appreciated!!!). She had an ear infection! Not the worse thing in the world, but awful timing. They called her in a prescription and I finished packing the car and everyone up and around 2:00 we stopped to get her prescription and hit the road.
The ride down Friday night was pretty easy. Hannah rode with my mom and Randy so we could tend to Nicholas in our car without stopping too much. We arrived in Statesville, NC around 10:00 and slept for the night. We got back on the road in the morning, stopped for breakfast and then arrived in Hilton Head around 4:00 or so. We got groceries and headed to the "vacation house" and unpacked. Susan arrived a little while later and we stayed in and made pizza's for dinner.
Sunday, we got up and went to Harbour Town for breakfast and then hung out. The weather was great all week - 70's and 80's and sunshine galore! It rained one morning really early and was clear by daytime. Hannah played on the beach on Tuesday.
We went to the pool Wednesday and Thursday.
Tony and Randy golfed on Monday and Wednesday. I sat at the pool with Hannah and walked Nicholas down to the beach for a little bit on Tuesday. It sure was a different vacation with two children! It was good, but just not the same as in the past. I think part of it was that I wasn't in dire need of the vacation break since I have been off work for the past 5 weeks and also, tending to Nicholas doesn't give a lot of free time to come and go like we could with just Hannah. It still was great to be down there and enjoy the weather and the vacation life. I also had to unfortunately do some work down there Tuesday and Friday.
We met up with a friend from High School that lives down there now and works at the Salty Dog. Susan, Tony and I went out Tuesday night with her - Hi Laura!!
Tony's birthday was Wednesday. We gave him his gifts on Sunday night since they were golf-related and he needed them to play on Monday. The kids and I got him a new driver he wanted, Susan got him new golf balls and Mom & Randy bought him two rounds of golf. We went to dinner on his actual birthday and had cake and ice cream back at the condo.
Susan left on Thursday afternoon. Before she left, I made everyone go down to the beach for pictures!!!
Mom and Randy went out to dinner that night so Tony and I took the kids out somewhere too. Nicholas turned 6 weeks Thursday, which officially marked the end of my short term disability. I am taking one more week off at home with him before I go back to work. I was going to take two extra weeks, but I think I'm ready to get back into a routine, although it makes me a little sad too to know my time at home alone with him is ending. So much of it he spent sleeping!!! Now he's finally more awake and giving lots of smiles and cooing - much more to enjoy!
Friday, we all took Hannah to the horse farm and petting zoo. She has a blast there every year and enjoys the pony ride and petting the animals. They built a brand new horse barn this year which was really nice!
Then we all went over to Harbour Town for lunch and to let Hannah play on the playground.
I needed a little bit of "me time" Friday, so after I finished work stuff, I went to sit by the pool and then for a walk on the beach for about an hour. It was nice - I got a wee bit of sun and just had a nice break for an hour. Tony and I went to dinner for our annual date to the Japanese Hibachi restaurant. It was good and then we headed back to start packing up.
We got up and packed up the car and headed home Saturday morning. We got on the road around 9:45 and made it back home by 10:30! Great timing and a good drive. Nicholas slept the first 8 hours and cried the last couple, but he did really good! We were all so glad to be back home but also had another great family vacation!
I'll put all of my pictures on the slideshow instead of a ton in this post since it's easier. I'll also post about Easter tomorrow.












No comments:
Post a Comment