Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nicholas is 2 months today!

Wow, did that go fast! Granted, he slept the first month away, but boy, did 2 months just fly by! I spent my last day at home with him this past Friday and go back to work tomorrow. I've got mixed emotions about it - sort of glad to go back and get into a routine, but of course sad that I won't spend all day with him anymore and see him grow every day. This marks the time though that I begin to really treasure my nights and weekends with the kids. It gets a little boring for me to be home all day and try to find things to fill the time and every day is sort of the same. So I'm ready to get back to work and I'm just so very thankful for the time I did get to spend getting to know and love my son these past two months.

Nicholas is full of smiles and cooing these days! He is still such a good baby and still sleeps a lot (during the day). His naps last 2-3 hours. He still eats every 3-4 hours and actually seems to enjoy tummy time and playing on a blanket on the floor. Sleeping at night is getting a little better, but we're still a ways away from sleeping through the night. If we stick to our bedtime routine, he goes to bed around 11:00 and will sleep in his basinette until about 3:30-4:00 and then is up again around 6:30-7:30. I'm a little worried about the sleeplessness as I go back to work full time, but I'm sure it'll be OK - I keep remembering that this part doesn't last forever!

He seems to have grown a lot these past two months. He goes to the doctor for his well visit on Wednesday, so I'll know then just how much he's grown. He's got pretty chubby cheeks and has outgrown a couple of sleepers, but is finally really filling out most of his 0-3 months stuff.

Here are his official 2-month pictures from today





Here are some comparison pictures of Hannah and Nicholas around two months
Hannah


Nicholas

Hannah

Nicholas
And my favorite 2-month picture of both of them:

Hannah

Nicholas
Hannah went to a birthday party for Peyton and Paige yesterday. It was a bowling party. It was the first time she had been bowling and she liked it a lot! We'll be going back some time for something to do for sure!

Hannah and Peyton



Hannah bowling
And Paige is obsessed with Nicholas! She just can't wait for him to come to daycare. She wanted him by her the whole time at her birthday party! She's a real stinker, but oh, so cute!

No comments: