Friday, March 29, 2013

House update - getting so close!

Wow, so much has happened since my last post.
First thing is this!

Yep, we're under contract for our house with a pending sale.  The buyer had their home inspection, we did the couple of things they asked us to do (that's a long story that I'd rather leave in the past where it now resides).  They had their appraisal yesterday (don't have the results of that, but we don't anticipate any issues) and then we're pretty much set for a final sale.
That has been a huge source of stress removed.  Mostly for Tony - he really hated this process.  It's a huge relief for me as well as the worry of two mortgage payments has gone away and I no longer have to keep preparing the house for showings which was exhausting.  Now I get to spend my time packing....also no fun, but needed to make the move.

I've been off most of this week to do packing and move-related stuff.  We've hired a mover, bought a new refrigerator, and started packing (and purging).  I'm so ready to get into this new  house.
The progress with the construction is moving so quickly now.  All the finishing touches are happening which has us really getting excited to get in there!  Here's where we stand:
Painting was finished (lots of touchups remain).  Doors are hung.




Cabinets are in.



Wood and vinyl floors are in.  All of them are still covered with cardboard to protect them, so pics aren't that good... but they look nice!



Fireplace is done. 


Countertops are in - LOVE them!  I was so worried about the laminate we chose for our master bath, but I do like it.  Kitchen granite is fantastic!







All the sinks, faucets and toilets are now in.







Lighting fixtures done.





HVAC finished and outlets and switches are all done.

Appliances are there, dishwasher and microwave were installed today, range is still in the office.  They stained the banisters on the staircase and over the foyer. 




Today the first round of cleaning was being done....I was tempted to help them clean so it was done my way, but I refrained!!!

I just absolutely love how its coming together!  This is such a blessing of an experience to have been part of and I'm so grateful.

One last thing that was great was that I went to a Tastefully Simple party at one of the neighbor's  houses this past week.  I got to meet several of the neighbors and they are all great.  Lots of young families and they are all trying to do things as a community and become a unit.  It seems like it could be a little Wisteria-Lane like, but I think it's going to be great to have a close neighborhood like this that the kids can grow up in.

We are under one month until the move............so ready!  House is about 95% complete after this week.  Lots of touch up and fine-tuning left and then it'll be ready!

And the last item to report is that we decided to send Hannah back to private school next year thanks to the selfish, striking teachers of Strongsville.  I know I have some teacher friends that might not have the same views as me (or they might??), however, since this is my blog, I get to write my views and I say YAY to the school board to hold their ground for the best and final offer being the only one that will work.  Do not give into the dirty tactics of the union and put us in the red.  You have a huge responsibility to set the precedence of the entire state - don't let the tail wag the dog Strongsville Schools!!!  Teachers, perform well and you'll be compensated nicely and fairly (thanks to us taxpayers) and your jobs will be secure as they can be - come on back to reality and get back into your classrooms!!!

No comments: