Saturday, I had a Tastefully Simple Party. It was very small, but a good time. Then Tony and I played poker Saturday night. It was a night full of Christmas Ale for many there, so as the sober one, it was quite a scene!!! Tony did better than I did, but it was funny, we both went out on like the exact same hand....we had Ace/Six and our caller had King/Jack - we both lost by the caller catching a Jack....so annoying!
Sunday, I had some work to get done for my NAWIC Holiday Social (that's tomorrow) and then I had to get showered and dressed and I met a girl out in Stow for an interview for my open position at work. Then I picked up the kids and we had Chinese for dinner.
Monday started off a bit scary. By 9:12 am, the kids were driving me nuts! I was afraid of this being a REALLY LONG week! But since then, so far, it's been really great spending time with them at home! I had some work stuff to do and we played a little and then while they were napping, I made a grocery list. We went to the store after they woke up and then headed to gymnastics. We got home around 8:15 and I had to put groceries away and get the kids ready for bed, but what I hadn't bargained for was the voicemail that Tony left for me that he was taking himself to the ER for chest pains. So after I got the kids in bed, Laura came over to stay and I headed to the hospital. They were running a bunch of tests on Tony, but he was fine. They noticed some kidney stones that weren't loose, but otherwise said he seemed fine and it was either the kidney stones or a muscle spasm that have him his symptoms. I left around 10:30 when they told him they were keeping him for another 4 hours to run one more test. Laura and I chatted a while and then she left. Tony got home a little after 2 am - he seemed fine.
Tuesday, we got quite a bit of snow, so luckily, I didn't have to go anywhere. The kids and I played and Hannah made Christmas lists for her and Nicholas. We're going to see Santa Saturday.
We colored a bit and they took naps and I got a much needed shower!!!

Nicholas has eaten "real" food for lunch this week - bananas, carrots, macaroni & cheese and soup noodles (not all that at once). He does great feeding himself and loves to eat!!! He's quite messy though, but doing great!

I'm hoping to keep transitioning him to normal food and stop buying baby food! He's really got a funny personality! I'm noticing things he does and he's funny (must take after me!!!). He still makes funny faces and loves to play peek-a-boo by hiding behind a chair or table and then looking at you!
He's smart too! He does so big, patty-cake, waves bye-bye, knows where his nose is and is trying so hard to say doggie. He's walking more and more every day and doing much better, although Tony says he looks like an orangutan as he walks!!!! And oh, such a stinker! He's into EVERYTHING, like steps (and the stool) and cupboards.....whatever he can get his hands on. Oh, and I guess he likes dog food since he's eaten it more than once!
So, I've got a few minutes to myself right now while the kids are napping. I've been really busy this morning with Holiday Social crap - I'll be SO glad when this is over! Tonight I have Bible Study Holiday dinner and a little running around to do. Tomorrow, I've got to take the kids to my mom's and finish the running for Holiday Social and will spend most of my day there....wonder what the heck I'm going to wear and also need to write my speech....wonder when?
Friday morning, I've got to take our canned food from the Social to the food pantry and go into the office for a meeting with a prospective new boss. I hope not to stay long so I can try to get the last of my shopping done before going to pick up the kids.
Saturday, we're going to see Santa and Sunday, Hannah has a birthday party.....so yeah, some vacation this week has been! You know I've been busy because I haven't even had that much time to clean the house, which is usually something I'd spend a lot of time doing if I'm not at work! But the great thing about this week is that I'm spending a lot of time with the kids that I don't normally get. Hannah loves staying home and being in her jammies all day! I get to save daycare money and I get a much needed break from (most) of work!
One last picture of my rock star family!!! Hannah wasn't so happy because she ended up getting a blister on her hand from all her drumming! These kids really have music in their bones! Can't wait to see how it develops!






No comments:
Post a Comment