I thought Nicholas just turned 9 months, but low and behold, another month flew by and we've had another month of busy milestones and growing!
I think the biggest change this past month is that Nicholas is walking.....more than crawling, I noticed this past week. He still falls down a lot, but usually gets right back up and tries walking to where he's going again.
Another big change is that we're finishing up with baby food all together. He's had all sorts of new foods this month and since the week I was off with them, we've been trying more and more table food and now he's pretty much uninterested in baby food. He's had pancakes, yogurt, macaroni & cheese, spaghetti, all sorts of fruits and vegetables, pizza and this week, pot roast with the potatoes and carrots and broccoli & chicken casserole. He eats absolutely anything I give him and does very well with it. So far he hasn't seemed to have any allergic reactions to anything food related either, so that's a real load off. I'm still trying to be careful to give him new things slowly, but it's getting harder since he's eating pretty much whatever we're eating. I'm so very glad to be done with baby food and happy also to know I only have to buy formula for 2 more months! He still has trouble drinking from a cup, but we keep trying!
He doesn't have any new teeth, but I can see more coming - I think he's getting 4 more - the ones next to the 8 he already has, so I assume by next month, he'll have 12!
He's starting to get a little more vocal, like immitating stuff. He growls a lot still and has a growling-type laugh. I can't believe he doesn't say "no" yet since he hears it about 1000 times a day! He does say mama, dada, uh-oh, ka-ka and tries to say doggie. He waves bye-bye and knows where his nose is.
He's into absolutely EVERYTHING! And still puts everything in his mouth. He loves to have his binky and is now starting to like hanging onto a lovey (the terry cloth burp cloths). He gets a little angry when his bottles are finished and has displayed some very serious tantrums! He has a real funny personality too - likes to be silly and play peek-a-boo. Loves his sister still and loves to take a bath. He's still a pretty lousy sleeper, both for naps and at night. We've pretty much cut out his morning nap most days in hopes he takes a good afternoon nap. He hits a wall between 8:00 and 8:30 most nights and sleeps (not uninterrupted - boo!) until 7:00-7:30 most mornings.
I'm not sure how much he weighs right now, but he seems to be growing up more than out lately and he's finally got a neck!!! He's wearing 12 month clothes, but I'm sure soon we'll be moving to 18 months.
He's extremely hard to take a photo of, so this is about the best we could do this month.
Having a little boy sure is different, but it is great! He will definitely keep us busy!


No comments:
Post a Comment