Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Guess what we had for dinner?

So as I was sitting at lunch after my grandfather's funeral this afternoon, I remembered I forgot to put the pot roast in the crock pot this morning. OOPS! Guess I had other things on my mind today. Grandpa has had a long battle with Alzheimer's so he's essentially been gone for a few years now. I feel bad that I didn't go see him for probably at least two years, but it wasn't the grandpa residing in that nursing home that I used to know. None-the-less, I probably should have gone. Anyway, his health took a turn for the worse last week and he passed Thursday night. The funeral was fine. I sat next to my Grandma and comforted her, which that was the sad part. They had a nice life together, but she held up pretty well.
So anyway, back to my dinner dilemma. So I realized my menu planned dinner wasn't going to happen and I didn't want to go out, so I asked Hannah what she wanted and of course her answer was the same as any time you ask her to pick. Well, this was a new meal for Nicholas as we've been introducing him to more and more table food. I'm happy to say that I think I'm done buying baby food for him!!! He's been doing great with anything I've fed him so I think there's really no need for rice cereal and strained fruits and vegetables anymore (YAY!) and only 2 more months of formula too!!!!

So anyway, again, back to dinner. OK, I can't just tell you what we had for dinner, because the answer is much for fun to SEE!!!


YEP, spaghetti!!!

Hannah LOVES spaghetti, but only my spaghetti (prego out of a jar - not the "different" kind at a real Italian restaurant). She would have it 3 times a week if I'd let her!!!


And clearly, Nicholas likes it too! He shoveled in all that I gave him including a meatball! This kid is an eating machine!
And Hannah got a clean plate award too, as usual with this dinner.
Wow, how different dinner went tonight because I forgot to make the pot roast!

No comments: