Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Some Good News

Well, I have a few good news stories to report (but this post will be pictureless).

Nicholas isn't allergic to formula after all!!!! This is REALLY good news! After we got through all of the stage 1 fruits and vegetables, we decided to give regular formula a try again. I slowly introduced it again and he had no reaction to it! Now, we are officially 100% on regular Enfamil formula!! What a relief! Not only for the next 5-1/2 months of formula, but maybe we won't have food allergy issues to deal with!!!

Next good news story is our new deck. Well, really our old deck. I emailed the lady at the company that's going to do our deck yesterday to ask if she had our job on the schedule yet so I can make plans to demo the old deck. Her reply back to me (this morning) was that it was going to be some time next week and we should have the demo done by Monday! That's less than 4 days away and Tony has plans all weekend! I sort of freaked for a minute and then posted the deck on Craigslist asking for $150 and for an interested buyer to do all the demo and haul away before Sunday. Within an hour, I had a guy text me. By the end of the day, I had two interested parties (one willing to pay, one would do the demo & haul away for free). The first guy stopped over to take a look at what he was up against and SOLD!!! For the $150 we asked and he'll start demo Friday and should be done Saturday!!! How cool was that?!?! So we saved $250 by not having our contractor do the demo, made $150 on the old material AND don't have to do most of th work! Sounds like a great deal to me!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So glad he's not allergic! And what a deal on the deck!