Saturday, September 4, 2010

6 month and Family Pictures

I got our pictures back the other day.
Here are Nicholas' 6-month pictures.



And here are the family pics we took.






I love how this one with Tony and the kids turned out!

So I know there is so much more to blog about since I've been neglecting it lately, but this will be the brief version.

Hannh started her new gym for gymnastics and we really like it! She goes for 1-1/2 hours now, which is a LONG time to be there with a 6-month old on the move!!!

Speaking of on the move, Nicholas has mastered his hand over hand crawling, but still inch-worms a lot. He actually does this bear crawl thing where he tries to stand up on his legs, but keeps his arms down and his butt goes up in the air. He wants to move and is trying to figure out which is the quickest way to get to where he wants to go! He is also pulling himself up on the furniture or anything else he can.


Here he is yesterday trying to climb on my boxes of my Tastefully Simple Stuff that came!!! (excited about that too!)



And he is also playing with "big-boy baby" stuff now too. Like blocks, snap beads and little people and laundry baskets! We actually put away a few more baby items that are headed to the resale this fall....never to return to our house again!



Tony and I went to Kalahari last weekend, just the two of us! That was fun. My mom took both kids overnight for the first time. They learned quickly that it's a little different with two!!! But it didn't scare them too much because the kids are spending the night again tonight so Tony and I can play poker tonight. I can't believe our league is starting again - I guess summer is over (sniff, sniff).
I had a rough week at work last week. We had one of our employees die at a jobsite. It started of as what seemed like an accident - falling off of a ladder, but it may have been a natural cause. The whole thing is still under investigation and waiting for final ruling, but none-the-less, it was a very sad few days that presented me with challenges and new things that I had never had to deal with before at work. We're slowly starting to feel normal again there, but it's too bad he's gone - he was actually one of our really good employees! And he was only 41, so it was sad to see someone go so young. Made me remember to love my family a little harder and hug and kiss them longer and tighter and be really thankful for each day with them all!
We also went back over to the builder I mentioned a while back to sit down and talk seriously about maybe building a new house. We have gone through and picked our floorplan and options and are in the works of executing our plan to make it happen. I hope that within a year from now, we might be in the new house, but there are a handful of major things that we need to get done before that happens, so Tony and I are working our plan one step at a time. I sure hope it all works out according to our plan!!! I'm in love with the house!
That about sums up the past couple weeks I think. I'm off and running with the Tastefully Simple business now, so I'm starting to work on booking parties! Be sure to let me know if you're interested or know of someone else that might be!

No comments: