Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nicholas is 3 months!

So the "little guy" is 3 months today!!! I say little guy in quotes because he's SO BIG!!! I bet he's pushing 15 pounds! He's really long too. He's still in a few 0-3 clothes, but mostly moving into 3-6 stuff.

He's doing great for the most part. We have seemed to regress a little with the crib sleeping at night. Last week, he had been doing pretty well and the one night slept there until 5 am. Since the storm night last week, it's been pretty much downhill. He's starting every night in his crib. I usually feed him around 9-10:00 and then hold him until he falls asleep. As soon as I put him down in his crib, he wakes up. I can usually comfort him back to sleep pretty easily, but it doesn't seem to last very long. If he has his binky, he wakes as soon as it falls out, unless he's in a relatively deep sleep. So I spend 10 minutes or so putting him down. Lately, he's only been staying asleep for about an hour or two and then wakes up crying again. We go in and do the routine again and sometimes we get another hour. Other times, it's a struggle for up to 30 minutes and he doesn't go back to sleep on his own. We eventually give up and bring him to bed or spend the night on the couch with him. Bringing him to bed is not the habit I wanted to start by any means, but we all sleep. And it's actually quite annoying because I don't hold him there – he sleeps on one side of the bed and I sleep on the other (and Tony gets kicked out to the couch). So I'm not sure why our bed is so much better than his own, but he stays asleep all night. He still wants to eat between 4-4:30 and we've got that down to about 10-15 minutes and then back to sleep.

I know we'll get this eventually and I'm sure he won't still be sleeping in our bed when he's 10, but I just want to get this night time thing down! It gets frustrating sometimes. I guess we were really lucky with Hannah not to have had to deal with this. Oh, well!

So he's getting more and more vocal – lots of cooing, lots of raspberries, LOTS of great smiles and even maybe a few laughs. He is still on 100% breastmilk, eating about 7 times a day, between 4-7 ounces each feeding. He still loves to be in his swing and also likes to play with the toys on his bouncy seat and activity mat, but not for too long before he starts to cry. He's grabbing at toys, pulls my hair and prefers to be upright rather than cradled in my arms.

Here are a couple pictures of him at 3 months. And also of Hannah for comparison fun

Nicholas

Hannah

Nicholas

Hannah

I'll post our professional pics when I get them in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Aaahhhh, the joys of a not-so-good-sleeper. Welcome to my world, my friend, welcome to my world. ;)