Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Paying his dues

Tony loves to place bets - little bets - not usually worth much. Good thing for me because it wouldn't sit too well for me if large dollars were on the line. Good thing for him too since he often times he's on the losing end! (I'm sure he has his share of wins as well)! He's learned not to bet with me - I'm usually right!!!! I never let him live down the bet he lost about what color his shower curtain was in his house when we first met. You'd think he should know this since he lived there and I didn't, but he was wrong!!!
Anyway, last week, he made a bet with our neighbor, Aaron. Something about sports - I'm not really even sure what it was, but they bet a grass cutting and Aaron was right about whatever it was they were debating.
So today, Tony paid his dues.....I got home from work to see him finishing Aaron's front lawn. It was pretty funny! Aaron sure got a kick out of it I'm sure - watching Tony cut his grass!
Well, he may be wrong sometimes, but at least he's good on his word!
Since Tony was busy cutting the neighborhood grass when I got home, I asked Hannah to help me out by feeding Nicholas for me while I made dinner. She was so excited to do it. It was the first time she's really done something so significant with him. She did a GREAT job! She held him in place with the help of the boppy and a pillow and kept the bottle in his mouth until he finished. She did take it out a few times to tell me "Mom, he's got 3 ounces" "Mom, he has one ounce"! He screamed each time she took it out, but she quickly gave it back to him. Then one time she said, "are you sleeping or eating?" I think she must have heard me say that a time or two! She's a great big sister and a wonderful daughter!

No comments: