I've now got a third week back at work under my belt and it's been so busy. I had an audit this week, which went pretty well, but it made the first part of my week fly by. Then the rest of the week went equally as fast playing catch up from missing time the first part! So in summary - work is going really well, very busy, but it's good!
We've had lots happening at home this week too. Last weekend, Tony left for a weekend golf trip. He left early Friday morning and ended up coming home earlier than planned Sunday due to the rainy weather and a nasty cold brewing. It was my first few nights alone with two kids, which would have been just fine, but it was made even easier because my mom came to spend Saturday with us. This allowed me to go grocery shopping alone. We went to the park and then to dinner. It was a good day!
Hannah mastered her bridge this week! That was exciting. All along, her arms didn't seem quite long enough and she didn't have the strength to get her head off the ground, but she was doing it one night and it finally was perfect! She was so excited!
Nicholas has seemed to have a real good week with major improvement on his eye contact issue. He's been looking at us a lot more this week when we talk to him and he enjoys playing with the toy bar on his bouncy seat, batting at the toys and watching them move. I'm now convinced that he can see just fine. As to why he hasn't been focusing that well up to now, well my theory is that he slept the first three weeks away, so his brain didn't have a chance to learn how to make his eyes work all that time. Perhaps it caused a slight delay in his vision and focus. I'm just glad now to see that it appears to be greatly improving so I don't have to stress over it so much!
He's growing, growing like crazy still! He's so cute though!!! He's starting to go into his 3-6 month stuff and has such chubby cheeks with no neck!
We made a big move this week with him out of his basinette and into his crib! He was pretty much outgrowing the basinette and neither of us were sleeping all that well with each other in the room. So we started Sunday night. He made it most nights until between 2:00-4:00 and of course the night he went until 4, I didn't sleep wondering why he wasn't fussing....I can't win! So anyway, it was an overall successful week in his crib. He started every night there and stayed there until I fed him around 4. I did give in though and brought him back to our bed after that feeding until he wakes up around 7. Friday night, he stayed ALL night!!!! It was such a feeling of accomplishment - we're on our way to a full night sleep (I hope!)
(bye-bye for good!) It's packed up and going away!
Tuesday was Bible Study. We had a good meeting this month, finally! We listened to a pod cast and then had a good discussion afterwards! It was night to not talk church politics for once! Nicholas loved being held by Karil!
Thursday, I had a NAWIC meeting after work, so Tony took the kids to gymnastics and made dinner. I was home around 9:00. We went to the mall after work Friday and to swimming lessons yesterday and then came home to clean and do laundry. We went to dinner last night and then over to friend's house to play cards for a while.
We were getting ready to leave for work Friday morning and looked out in our backyard to find this:
Cody went out to go potty and scared them all away! Wonder where they came from and why they were waddling around in our back yard?
Today is Mother's Day - my absolute favorite day of the year! I woke up this morning with my two babies cuddling with me in bed! That's the best thing ever! They gave me cards and a gift certificate to get an hour and a half massage!!! That is so needed! The muscles in my neck and back feel like they're ready to snap!



We got dressed and went to breakfast! It was perfect!

Then we went grocery shopping together and just hung out for the afternoon! I absolutely love being Hannah and Nicholas' mother and am so truly blessed to have them! I love you guys!











1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment