Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We've Upgraded!

Sunday afternoon, we went to Best Buy to get an external hard drive. I think I forgot to post this (since I hardly post lately), but we thought we lost our computer a couple weeks ago. We had a storm roll through and the power went out for a short while and the computer was on when that happened. After that, the computer would start, but during the start up screen, it just kept restarting. I tried and tried to fuss with it the one night and then gave up. I googled the problem the next day at work and came up with trying to start the computer in safe mode, which it did. While in safe mode, I was able to do a system restore and then it seemed to be working just fine. That's all good, but during this dilema, I freaked about the possibility of losing my pictures. Most of them are backed up on CD's, but when this happened, I realized I hadn't backed up since Nicholas was born, so I faced the possibility of losing his first 2 months of pictures. Good news was "old sparky" (our Dell from 2001) seemed to be working just fine and I didn't lose a thing. The lesson here was get the pictures off of the computer and on to an external hard drive for safety/backup of them and also to help clear the memory off "old sparky".

So anyway, we went to buy the external hard drive Sunday and ended up with this:



Somehow, buying a whole new computer wasn't in the plan, but we got a brand new laptop, the external hard drive, the virus software and CD for the operating system, wireless keyboard and mouse and the service plan for less than $1000 and free financing for 18 months. It was long overdue and we knew we'd be doing it sooner than later, so we broke down and just did it. I think Tony took advantage of me being in a super good Mother's Day mood!!!! Good thing! I love it. It's taking some getting used to working on Windows 7 and trying to figure out where everything is and trying to get all my old stuff off Sparky and on to my external hard drive. But I'm glad we did it!

Another reason I was in need of more memory was that I am working on turning my blog into a book. I have wanted to do this for some time and I found this website called blurb where you can do just this! I can't wait to get it done to perserve the memories of our life in a book!!! I'm so excited to be able to have that for our family and the kids to look back on. It's also very fun to go back through all of my old blog posts and see what we were doing 2 years ago! Hannah was so cute, learning to talk and becoming a toddler! I've decided to do the books by year (at least that's what I think I'm doing for now). It'll probably take me a while to get one done with all my spare time, but it'll be worth it!
Last night, Hannah was playing with her baby dolls in the evening and I found her doing this.


When I asked her what she was doing, she answered, "I'm pumping"!!! Too funny!!!! She had that bottle right on her booby!!!
Bad news....we found mice again last week. There were two baby mice in the basement and where there are babies, there's a mama. Tony was able to scoop up the babies and take them back outside. So far, there's been no other sign of any more, but I'm sure they're here somewhere. I bought the snap traps this time and some decon....hope to get them soon.
Good news....Nicholas slept until 5:00 straight through the night last night. Didn't wake up once!!!! Of course, I still didn't sleep that great waking up to listen for him. I got up to feed him at 5 and then he went back to sleep for the rest of the morning IN HIS CRIB!!!! He was there until I woke him up at 7! YAY, Nicholas! We're really working towards a full night sleep - I'm so excited!

Had a District Review at work today - it went pretty well. Things are going so well for us right now! I love my life!

No comments: