Her little brother or sister has held on so far and let Hannah have her own birthday - thank you little one! I was really afraid of that giant full moon I saw Friday night and I'm contracting more often and a little harder, but for now, we're still hanging on. I'm very doubtful I'm getting two more weeks, but at least we made it through Hannah's birthday and were able to enjoy her big day together.
I took Friday off to start getting ready - cleaning the house and last minute shopping stuff. Saturday morning, we got up and she got ready for swim lessons. Daddy took her alone this week so I could finish doing stuff at home. She started out the day a little cranky, but also very excited for it to be her birthday. She was just tired and her afternoon nap cured all the crankies away! She got up from her nap and was super excited for her Cinderella Birthday Party. I had the house decorated so she was thrilled to see everything prepared and wanted to get into her Cinderella dress. I got her dressed and put her hair up in "princess hair". She was ready to go!

Her friends all started coming around 3:00. Once everyone got there, we headed down to the party room and the girls all decorated crowns with their names, sparkly princess things and jewels. They loved it!


Next we played pin the slipper on Cinderella.....I guess I didn't take any pictures of that. I was too busy blindfolding them I guess. We did a couple rounds of that.
After that, we played a few games of Cinderella BINGO. They had fun with that too!

And then they all sat around and watched Cinderella and had popcorn and drinks.

They had a great time, but sort of got bored of the movie about 2/3 through and just wanted to play. So they played until the pizza arrived and we all ate - salad, rigatoni, pizza & rolls.
Then Hannah opened her gifts. She got a lot of nice things. I'm glad it was a relatively small party because she just needed nothing!!! But she got some great things that were very nice of everyone to bring her.

Then we sang Happy Birthday and had cake. That's Hannah's favorite part - cake! Wonder who's kid she is?!?!? The girls played a little more and then everyone headed home.



It was a great party and I think the girls all had a lot of fun. It was a lot of work, especially being 9 months pregnant, but I would certainly do anything for my little girl! She had a much deserved special day. I hugged her so tight and said I was sad that she was getting so big and her response to me was, "But Mommy, I still love you even when I'm four". And of course, I told her "I will always love you too honey!"
One last thing about her turning four....today, she kept saying, "Now that I'm much older....." It was funny!
I love you big girl Hannah! You're going to be a great Big Sister and are the best daughter I could have ever wished for!
1 comment:
Looks like a success!!! She is going to love being a big sister!
Post a Comment