Monday, January 11, 2010

Perfect 4-day weekend

As I mentioned in my last post, I had taken a vacation day last Friday and also today. It made a nice long, 4-day weekend that was much needed! And the best part, I didn't do (much) work-work. I never checked work email both Friday or today. I did sign on last night for a little bit to clear out my inbox to avoid it from getting closed, but I only did a few things and then shut it down. I was very proud of myself for actually tuning out of work for 2 days!

I did my shopping around for insurance last Friday. I think I've managed to save ourselves just under $500/year by switching. Definitely well worth the effort. I've still got to finalize everything, but I think I've made my mind up on what to do.

Then we took Hannah to Disney on Ice last Friday night. She has never been to a show like that before and we kept it a surprise until we got there. She was thrilled to pieces when she walked in and saw the ice and the Disney stuff....she knew exactly what we were there for!!! Here's her ear to ear grin when we first walked in.



Then she was in complete awe during the show. It was priceless to see her joy....it even made the $22 spinny light thing well worth the money!!! The show was pretty good too....lots of princesses and lots of Mickey & Minnie. We had a great time!




Saturday, Tony went into work for the morning and Hannah and I snuggled on the couch after making bananna pancakes for breakfast. She was so lovable and cuddly! Then we went out to my mom's for her to spend the night. I did some running around and then we left to play poker. I finally had a better night. No money, but I finally placed in our tournament, which was good for my "poker self-confidence". I had been wondering what I was doing so wrong so it was nice to have a better night.

Sunday was a great "me day". I never got out of my jammies and sewed all day long! I fixed one of our throw pillows, finally made Hannah's bedroom curtain, and then made 7 tote bags for the girls for Hannah's birthday party. Tony went to get Hannah from my moms and made dinner, cleaned up and gave Hannah a bath, so I relaxed all day! It was terrific! We got the last of the baby stuff down from the attic and put all the Christmas stuff back up.

Here's Hannah's curtain. It goes great in her room. I've still got to make a seat cushion for her desk chair out of the same fabric.





Then today, I got up early and started cleaning the house. I got that all done, showered and left to run a bunch of errands. I got a lot done and realized I'm VERY pregnant now!!!! My legs were killing me from shopping for 3 hours and I become out of breath fairly easily. I wonder if I'll make it another 5 weeks? I'm contracting at least once or twice an hour most hours. Nothing hard, just what I think is normal. I have an appt with my midwife tomorrow, so I'll double check that all is normal for now. I feel pretty huge.....here's my big ol' belly at 34-1/2 weeks.



I picked Hannah up from daycare and came home, made dinner and ate. Tony cleaned up and I'm on the computer doing a few more things (duh) and Tony and Hannah are playing upstairs very loudly!! They sound like they're having a lot of fun....lots of laughing and screaming and they're driving the dog NUTS!!!
So I'm back to work tomorrow, but only have a 4 day week and another 3-day weekend since next Monday is a company paid holiday.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Look how cute you are!!! I love it! I'm exhausted just reading about how busy you keep yourself!!!! Love you! Babies are almost here. I can't stand it!!!