We went to Jerry & Shelly's on New Years Eve. We had a big dinner out at Bob Evans (are we getting old or is this how it gets being married with children???). Then we just hung out at their place so the girls could play and we ended up playing 90's Trivial Persuit and poker. We all actually made it to midnight, including Hannah and Maci, and we left just shortly after that.
New Year's Day was equally as simple. I got a few things from the store and we mostly hung around our house all day. Around 5, our neigbors came over to watch the Rose Bowl (YAY OSU!!!) and we made a bunch of appetizer snacks and had our last junk-food meal. They all stayed over until like 10:30 and then we watched a movie and went to bed.
Saturday was a day I've needed for a while. I got up with Hannah, got her breakfast and then headed to my craft room and sewed all day long!!! I had a few projects that I wanted to get done. My church Bible Study has decided to make bags of quiet toys/books for the kids to use during church service and I had volunteered to make the bags. Since this project was on a timeline, I did these first. I had purchased the fabric a few weeks ago and found a really easy pattern to make a tote bag online. I made 10 bags, 2 of each type of fabric I got. I love them!!! They were really pretty easy to make and they are so cute - and very practical. They will be perfect for the church bags and I like them so much, I'll be getting some more fabric to make a few for our use as well.



I don't really remember what we did Sunday, but I don't think it was very eventful. I remember going grocery shopping and making dinner, but that's about it.
It was back to work Monday. I had to go to Columbus Tuesday for work. Thank goodness the weather wasn't that bad on Tuesday. My drive down and back was pretty much fine except for my windshield kept freezing up. I had to drive with my defrost on high heat, high fan and my window cracked the whole time! It was fine - a little noisy, but it worked. Bible study was cancelled on Tuesday night, buy Hannah and I went over to Laura's anyway so the girls could play. Wednesday and Thursday were normal work days and I took a vacation day today!
Tony started his diet this week and I'm not eating everything in sight either. I figure the baby is gaining enough weight for the two of us for the next 6 weeks, so my goal is to only gain a few more pounds before I deliver. Today marks my 34 week point, so 6 more weeks to go! The baby is getting so much bigger and I get kneed (or a foot) jabbed into my side quite often.....it doesn't feel good!!! I have to push back on it and it goes back inside easily, but boy, it's not fun! Sleeping is getting difficult and we laugh at the way I stand at the kitchen sink (like 2 feet away because I can't reach it with my belly in the way)!! I think most of my pregnancy weight has been belly, (and my legs). I definitely haven't gained as big of a butt or hips and sides as I did with Hannah. So far, I've avoided the "kankles" - all the swelling like I had with Hannah. I'm getting really anxious to be done being pregnant and have this baby - and find out who this person is! Although, I've decided, I don't want it to come early at all....I'm too busy in January!!!!
I've finally got Hannah's birthday party partially planned. We're having an all things Cinderella party for her. I'm only having 5 of her friends over and we'll have them dress up in Cinderella dresses, do a few activities - make crowns, Cinderella Bingo, Pin the slipper on Cinderella and then watch the movie. I've got all Cinderella party supplies (got really cheap online!) and make rigatoni & salad and order a pizza and have a Cinderella cake and open presents. I'm thinking I'll make the tote bags for the girls for their party favors to take home and then they can reuse their bags. I'm hoping to find Cinderella fabric, or just girly fabric at least. I sort of can't beleive I'm doing a party at our house since I'll be 9 months pregnant, but it should be fairly easy and low key so I should be able to handle it.
As I mentioned before, I'm off today. I'm shopping for new insurance - what fun! I want to try to go out later to Joann's and the party store. We'll see if the weather and my ambition allows for that or not!!! I also took Monday off, so I can do it later this weekend or Monday too. I still want to make Hannah's curtain for her room (that fabric has been sitting in my room for several months now!) Tonight, I'm so excited to take Hannah to see Disney on Ice! She doesn't know where we're going yet, but she knows she has a surprise tonight. I can't wait to see her face seeing the princesses out there on the ice! I think she'll have a blast. This is her first show like this to go to, so I'm really excited for her!
Here's a picture of her from this morning. I can't believe how big she is now! I can't believe she's going to be 4 in a couple more weeks. She's such a good kid and I just think we're the luckiest parents in the whole world to have her as a daughter!

No comments:
Post a Comment