While we had a really nice Christmas this year, I'm pretty much glad it's over. I'm so exhausted and it's been such a busy month, it's sort of nice that the holidays are just about finished so we can get back to normal (whatever that may be!)
So I just realized how lacking the blog has been - yikes it's been 20 days since the last post. I seriously had something going on just about every one of those days. I came down with a terrible chest cold the day after my last post. Well, it started as a really bad sore throat - like intolerable. That lasted for 3 days and then finally on the night of day 3, I started feeling the cold symptoms. Then the bug went directly to my chest - full blown coughing fits and chest congestion....not good. I had an appt with my midwife who took one look at me and perscribed me a z-pack and told me I could take sudafed & robitussin....thank goodness for the robitussin. Went through 2 bottles of it in less than a week. It was the only thing that kept me from dying of coughing fits. By the end of my z-pack, I was sort of feeling better, but then I'd have a day of regressing and then a day of feeling a little better. 2-1/2 weeks later, I've still got this annoying cough hanging on and occassional nasal congestion, but overall, finally getting better.
I took a couple of vacation days in the past few weeks, mostly to get ready for Christmas. I spent the one day baking - something I sort of swore I wasn't going to do this (pregnant) year. But I did the usual - over the top, way too many cookies deal. And from the number on the scale today at the doctor, it appears that I had just a few too many cookies!!!! Especially when 2 weeks ago, I had actually lost weight from my previous visit. Now granted, baby grew a lot these past two weeks (I measured 3 inches more this week than 2 weeks ago), but I have to say, I did overindulge over the holidays and now am paying for it! Too bad I can't diet for new years, just more work I'll have after baby comes. I'm still doing better than my first pregnancy, but I've got 7-1/2 weeks to go and with the baby growing like it is now, I'd better start watching what I put down the hatch!
Tony and I went out on a date a couple weeks ago. We went to a nice dinner to a place we hadn't been before and then to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. We haven't gone in the past two years, so it was nice to go again. Unfortunatly, the show wasn't as good as it has been for us in the past. We got cheap seats, which may be the reason, or it could have been the disgusting nose-ear-scalp picker/eater we sat next to (that's a long story - and gross). It was nice to go out together though.
I was off on Christmas Eve, but busy doing last minute stuff and then we went to church at 4:00. After church, we went to my sister-in-laws house. Santa (my BIL) came for Hannah, and I'd love to share the picture of her priceless face, but I managed to delete all the pictures on my memory card late Christmas Eve night - I'm a bit more than irritated about that!!!! Luckily, my SIL copied my pics before we left, so the only pictures I really am missing is Hannah writing her letter to Santa with his cookies & milk. Still, not happy about that!!!!!
Hannah slept until 8:30 Christmas moring, but was so excited to come down to see what Santa had brought. We had a great time watching her open her gifts. Her favorite things were her music box, Hungry Hungry Hippos and her nightgown. She likes sitting in her bean bag chair too.
Later that evening, we went to my mom's for dinner. We ate and open gifts there and then hung out for a while. Hannah burned her fingers on the glass of their fireplace. Good news is, we iced and iced all night so she's fine. Bad news is - it HURT!!! But I guess that's one way for her to really know and understand why she shouldn't touch something hot, espeically after we tell her not to. She had a great time over there though.
Saturday morning, we packed back up and headed to my dad's. We opened gifts there and had dinner. It was a good day, but long and after day 3 of Christmas, we were all getting pretty tired! My dad made Tony a cornhole game - KISS (of course). It's really cool and Tony loves it, although he's having a hard time digesting the fact we will actually USE it!!!! Can't wait to play this summer!
We got home around 7:30 that night and all pretty much crashed. Hannah was in bed by around 8 and slept until 9 the next morning! We all took it easy pretty much on Sunday. You know I was tired since I didn't really even clean the house this weekend. It finally was killing me by 8:00 Sunday night, so I had to run the vaccuum!!! Then it was back to work Monday. As I mentioned before, I had another prenatal checkup today - all is well, baby is growing and is back head down again (it was sideways last time).
And that's about it! We have simple plans for New Years - I plan on doing some sewing over the weekend and relaxing. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a safe, happy New Year!!!
Now I've got to plan Hannah's 4th birthday party and continue to anxiously await the baby's arrival!!!







2 comments:
You can download free programs to restore pictures deleted off memory cards. Google it. It usually can recover them if you didn't take new pictures over them. I used one last year when our computer crashed and I lost everything. I don't remember which I used though. And the KISS cornhole is pretty cool!
thank you for posting... how are you still???
Post a Comment