Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby update

I'm a little late with this post, but this is the first chance I got to sit down and post the update.
Last Tuesday, I took a vacation day to go to the doctor and get my ultrasound. I had an unexpected guest on my day off - Hannah. She came down with a fever Monday night and had this horrible cough. Whatever she had went straight to her chest. I kept her home due to the fever and even took her into the doctor which I never do on day one or two of a bug. I thought I'd better do that in case the baby came so we knew if it was a flu thing or something else. Tony ran her to the doctor since she got in the same time I had my appt but on opposite sides of town. Her doctor said they've been seeing a lot of this, but didn't really have a name for it, but it was viral and should get better in a few days. They wrote a prescription for an inhaler for her to help clear her airways if she was having trouble breathing. Her fever was pretty much gone by Wednesday afternoon and we were done using the inhaler by Thursday. We kept her home from story time, gymnastics and swimmng lessons which was a bummer, but I needed her to get better so she'll be able to come to the hospital to meet her baby - whenever he/she decides to come!
I had my 37-1/2 week checkup last Tuesday. Nothing more has happened since the week earlier. Same old stats, which was a little bit of a bummer, but fine at the same time. I left there and headed to the hospital to get my ultrasound. They did a bunch of measurements - no gender peeks!!!! Everything is measuring right on target, perfect for dates and all healthy measurements. The machine estimated weight at 7 pounds 2 ounces, but the tech said it's always about 1/2 pound heavy, so she thought it was about 6-1/2 pounds now. There was one measurement that was a bit oversized - it's NOSE!!! It's ginormous!!!! Like seriously, I'm a little afraid to see it for real! It looked really big on the 3D pictures!! See the face in between it's arms - it's sort of smashed like "against a window" looking, but there's the little peanut's picture!!!




It was cool to see it yawning and it kept sucking it's thumb, so the hands were in the way of getting really good face pictures. Here's a profile picture when it was beginning to yawn.


So, anyway, everything is good according to the ultrasound. I'll get official results from my midwife tomorrow.

Here's another (not so good) picture of my growing body! I think this camera angle with my tripod doesn't do many favors! But, I feel huge! I'm still not as big all around as I was with Hannah, but I'm big! This past weekend, my hands and feet started swelling to the point to make my shoes and rings tight, but still no kankles and I can still wear the ring.




Tuesday night I had Bible Study. We didn't have much of a Bible Study this month. It was a lot of griping about the church politics. I wouldn't have known there were such politics, but boy, those women thrive on that stuff. I could care less! It was nice though, they all pitched in and made me a "mommy basket" with soaps and lotions and candy and stuff. Sure was thoughtful!

Wednesday was just busy at work and then hanging out at home. Thursday was another busy day at work and then I had my NAWIC meeting after work. It was a late night. The meeting went longer than usual because we had 2 speakers and there was no January meeting , but I also had to stay after to go over stuff with one of the girls for me to take over the holiday social planning for 2010.

Friday night, we ran to the mall to get Hannah some new tennis shoes. I can't figure out why her feet don't grow that fast, but we got her new shoes anyway that I think are a bit too big yet, a pair of Sketchers size 9.5. The left one is definitely too big, but I figure she'll probably wear them for at least another year. By the time we left the mall, it was starting to snow pretty bad and getting nasty out.

I had to get up early Saturday morning to go into work. We were having an office clean up day and I had to direct the activities. We got a lot more snow than we had expected, but I took the 4WD jeep, so I plowed through it. I got home mid-afternoon and was wiped out! I pretty much did nothing the rest of the night. Tony went to play poker and came home early. Bummer that he didn't do well, but yay for him bringing home a Steak-N-Shake milkshake!!!!

Sunday, Dad & Julia came over to celebrate Hannah's birthday belated. They brought dinner - ribs, potato salad and macaroni & cheese with some other snacky stuff. It was really good! Hannah opened her gifts - lots of artwork and crafty stuff that she loved. We had cake and ice cream and then took naps after they left. We went next door to Laura & Aarons for the superbowl. Did everyone get a good look at the KISS commercial for Dr. Pepper? If not, Tony DVR'd the game to get it!!!!! I was glad it ended fairly early and we all went to bed when we got home - I was tired!





So not much happening on the baby front these past few days. Contractions every day, but nothing progressive. I now think I'll go up to my due date, but we'll see if anything more is happening tomorrow. I'm fine with it, but I'm really ready too! I made it through the busyness of my calendar, so from here out, it's open and I'm ready! I really wouldn't mind working this whole week or even next week too, but I'm ready whenever! I think I caught a bit of a cold, so I'm hoping it's not that severe and it's short lived so it's gone in time for the big day!!!!
So for now, that's it - still working, getting rid of cold germs at our house and waiting for the baby's big day!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

You look great and the baby looks so cute! I love its nose... ummm... it makes me think boy when I looked at it.... only time will tell i suppose! I've already lost my ring...it happened last monday. what's a girl to do? hang in there girl! i can't wait to hear its your time!!