Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Baby Update

Or not........

I guess there's not a lot to update! We're still WAITING!

I guess the peanut took me pretty seriously when we had our discussion about waiting to be born until my schedule cleared. Well, maybe this is a battle of the wills because the schedule has been clear for well over a week and there's really no sign that we'll be having any arrival coming.

I was having contractions last Monday night around 1 in the morning, but after staying awake for about 2 hours timing them (10+ minutes apart), I got tired and went back to sleep and woke up to nothing happening. As my midwife told me when I saw her last Tuesday, real labor won't stop, so it was not real labor. At my visit, there wasn't much change. My only new happening was that I got Hannah's cold - thanks!!!

So the rest of the week was completely uneventful. We had no plans for this weekend and it was nice to relax a little. We got the new car seat and stroller out and I put together the bassinet, so we're ready......not the baby though!!! Last night at dinner, we asked Hannah if she knew when her baby was going to come and she said, "in about 10 weeks". We said, "oh, no, it'll be much sooner than that." Then she talked to my tummy and said, "Baby, come out of mommy's tummy. Don't make me come in there!!!!" We laughed! It was hilarious!

So my cold went straight to a sinus infection as my colds always do. I could feel the sinus pressure building up yesterday and today I called my midwife to ask her to call me in a prescription. I knew I couldn't wait until tomorrow and I was hoping to not have to pay to go to the doctor to just get a diagnosis that I already knew I had. I've had plenty of sinus infections to know when I've got one. Mary Jo did call me in a z-pack, so I started that today. I'm hoping to start getting some relief in another day or so and it might be all cleared up for baby's big day.

So that's it! At least as far as our peanut goes. Not much to tell. However, I need to send a huge shout out to my friend Maggie!!!! Her long-awaited bundle of joy arrived this morning - 6 weeks early. Congratulations Maggie and Brian! I'm so happy for you. Miss Molly Anne may never know how long overdue her arrival has been (even despite being so early) I hope everyone is doing well......call me (I got your voicemail when I tried calling)!!!!

No comments: