Well, I'm back in Texas - BOO!!!
I left yesterday afternoon. This time, Tony and Hannah took me to the airport. I wasn't AS sad leaving this time...until we pulled up to the airport! Don't get me wrong, I totally would have rather not come, but I didn't work myself all up in tears this time. I told Hannah I was leaving earlier in the week, so she was a little more prepared. I set her clothes out for the week and I told her about all the things she got to wear each day and what it meant on the day she would wear them. Like the outfit for Wednesday was the day she would get to go over to Maci's after Bobo's house (Tony's golf league starts and Jerry & Shelly are watching her) and then on Friday, she gets to wear a dress and the day she gets to wear the dress is the day I come back home!!
So as we pulled up to the terminal, I got sad and as I hugged Hannah, she started sobbing - mostly because she wanted to come with me and she wasn't allowed. I was sad leaving Tony too - it's never easy knowing I'm leaving him to be single dad for the week (that's not very easy), but he does a great job. And, Tony, just think, we get to celebrate our FIFTH ANNIVERSARY SOON!!! Speaking of, what are we going to do???
So my flight here was good. The plane wasn't that full so the seat next to me was empty. I got to sort of sprawl out and be comfortable. I took a short book that I've had from work for a while now. I read it through - good book. It's called The Fred Factor. It's a quick read about being exceptional - mostly about business, but definitely can apply to personal life too. I'm going to try to do a better job in both personal and business to be extraordinary!! The flight was a bit bumpy, but the pilot kept coming on the overhead to let us know what was going on, so it was fine. I snuck in a cat nap and then we landed on time. The whole ordeal of getting the rental car and driving to the hotel was much less intimidating this time since it was a bit familiar. I made it to my hotel easily. Texas roads and drivers are still crazy, but being a little familiar with the surroundings made it better.
Class today started out OK, but the afternoon lasted forever! Lots of statistic stuff today - BORING!!! We went until around 5:30 today too, so it was especially long. I then hunted all over town for a store and finally found a CVS. I needed conditioner since the one I brought is a 2-in-1 shampoo thing that I must have bought by mistake - I don't like that stuff!! And I picked up some water and a few snacks for the week. Then I grabbed a salad from the restaurant across the street and now here I am.
So the rest of the week should be just as uneventful. I am worried about taking my test on Friday. I just HAVE to pass this thing on my first try. All the other business managers in my region have passed on their first try, so the bar has been set and I need to reach it!
Well, that's about it, I guess. One day down - four more to go and I am back home and don't have to travel away for a while as far as I know!!!
1 comment:
Yeah, pretty sure I'd be snoozing through those training meetings!
Post a Comment