So I don't really have a real purpose for blogging this week, but I guess I can share some happenings around here, although not all that exciting.
I have seasonal allergies - I think. I've never had them before, but all of a sudden this spring, I've got issues. It sounds like I have a cold and have symptoms like a cold, but I'm certain, I don't have a cold. I don't feel sick and my symptoms seem to come and go, so it's just not a cold! I have a lovely post-nasal drip thing going on, a runny nose and I get all plugged up mostly when I'm outside. Then yesterday, I suddenly got this cough thing and today, no more cough, just some more runny nose. I've been taking Claritin every day and it seems to help. Just so awfully strange since I've never before been bothered by spring time and tree pollen.
Hannah went to the doctor last Friday for her 3 year checkup. She was 31 pounds and 37-1/2 inches tall. Still at 50% for weight and height. They took her blood pressure for the first time - 82/42 (I think). He was pretty impressed with the things she's doing for a 3 year old. She can count to 29, knows all her colors/shapes, writes her name, knows her address & phone number, can hop on one foot, rides a bike with training wheels....all sorts of things that according to their charts they can do between 4-5. So, in other words, she's doing great and growing well.
Oh, I had forgotten to post her gymnastics picture from this year last week.

She's still doing great at class, last week was horrible for some reason - all the kids were crying and no one was listening. This week was MUCH better! We have her exibition performance in June, which I think ends the season. We weren't going to take her, but after finding out they perform and then get their names called to get a medal, I couldn't not have her go!! So that's in June and we get to buy the $35 ugly leotard!!! That makes me so happy! Really, it's fine and I'm so glad she likes it and it's really fun to watch! But really, it would be even better if the leotard wasn't ugly (it is - all rainbow-like with peace signs on it?!? - really? That's the best they could do????)
We got our new mattress last weekend!! So comfortable! Our bed is so much higher now, so no more dogs on the bed!! We have had a couple of really good night sleeps as far as comfort goes. The claritin still doesn't allow me to have a solid night sleep and I've still got all sorts of knots in the muscles of my back (thanks stress), but other than that, I think the mattress was the fix!! So worth it!
The 80 degree weather was great! I didn't mind being hot at all! Hannah loves it too because she can wear dresses all the time! I bought her a few more new dresses this weekend. She got to play over at our neighbor's on Friday night. We hung out there all evening. She loved driving the Barbie jeep! She tells me now that "when she's 16 and can drive, she's going to buckle me into a booster seat in the back seat of the car".

Oh, and for some really weird reason, she's been telling us about her friend Evan who lives in the house in our back yard. She's said it several times. The house definitely exists, but we've never met the people that live there. She tells me his name is Evan and he's her friend and she loves him. Weird! Not sure what that's all about??? There isn't even a boy that lives there as far as we know. Just an obnoxious older guy and his wife.
Work is good....not super stressful these past couple weeks, but also very productive. I'm DREADING that I have to leave for Texas again this Sunday for another week. I do not want to go - don't want to be away out of town and do not want to go through another week of training. Do not want to worry about passing the stupid test at the end of the week either! WAY too much stuff that I don't want to do all in one week! But then, I guess, the good news is then it'll be over! Hannah doesn't know I'm leaving again yet - we're thinking that I wait until Sunday to tell her. She's not going to be happy and I'm going to be so sad to leave again....oh, I guess I'll just enjoy the rest of this week before I get all worked up about leaving Sunday.
And that's about it! Not much else exciting that I can think of that's really all that blog-worthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment