Monday, April 20, 2009

Patience actually paid off

So remember that new mattress we wanted to get last week? Well, for once, Tony and I held off and didn't just buy what we wanted because it didn't feel like the right deal at the right time. I suppose if it were the new TV he wants instead of a mattress, we may have a different outcome to the story, but none-the-less, our patience paid off!

Just 5 days after walking away from the mattress store, we got a letter in the mail about the "mattress sale going on at the store we had been at"!! Couldn't believe the timing! So we went back up there Friday and since we had already picked one out, it was an easy sale! We saved $225 from the price just a week earlier and got free financing for 2 years! We are now looking forward to a new comfortable night sleep on our new pillowtop mattress next Saturday when it's delivered! I got the new pillows yesterday, so soon we might not wake up with a sore back & neck! Oh, that will be so nice!

Saturday, was such a great day. So nice to finally have spring here. The trees are starting to bud and bloom and the spring flowers are all up. Hannah gets so excited to see the flowers. It was great to open up all the windows Saturday and air the house out. We unfortunately spent a lot of the day inside because my house needed a good cleaning. Tony went golfing. Later that evening, we went over to Jerry & Shelly's for dinner. We stayed until past midnight, with Hannah and Maci going strong! Couldn't believe she stayed up that long, but of course fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Sunday was pretty much a lazy day. I felt a little alergy/sinus thing going on so I wasn't into doing much. I braved up and allowed BOTH Tony and Hannah grocery shopping with me. That's normally forbidden but it went OK. I only bought a couple of items not on the list and it didn't take me too much longer than usual. I have to say, I think I'll be leaving them home for a while though, it just turns out to be more work for some reason. I am also contiplating trying to go shopping once every two weeks. I'm getting tired of my Sunday turning into grocery shopping day every week. If I can plan my menus for 2 weeks and get most of what we need, that will free up part of my weekend - I'll give it a shot!
Lastly, Hannah made a huge step today. She told Val at daycare that she doesn't need her lovey's anymore. Val swore she didn't prompt it, but she said that Hannah explained that now that she's three, she only needs a lovey if she's scared. I asked her up and down about it and she said she didn't need one. I put her to bed tonight and she didn't want one, but after only about 10 minutes, she was crying. I went in her room and her "B" (the other lovey-bear thing) was all wet. I asked if she wanted a lovey instead and she said yes. But she told me she didn't need one in Daddy's car anymore.....wonder if I can break HIM of it in his car!!! We might be on our way to getting rid of them, but I'm not in a huge hurry as long as we can get to it being a bedtime-only thing.

And lastly, a post with no pictures isn't much fun, so here's a cute one of Hannah in her new spring coat that was given to us by a lady Randy works with. It's the cutest coat ever! These were taken two different days last week. Hannah got to wear a dress and a skirt - she's so in heaven with the nicer weather so she can wear more dresses and skirts! She's SUCH a girl!






No comments: