I met Tony and Hannah at the bouncy place we had her birthday party because they were there for one of the girl's from daycare's birthday party. I figured the playing and the party might overshadow my homecoming, but much to my surprise, Hannah literally came flying out of the bouncy thing into my arms when she saw me. It was great!! I was so happy to see them both again after a long week. We spent the rest of the evening at the party and by almost 9:00, Hannah has hit the wall. Peyton's party was fun!!

Saturday, we got up and decided to go out shopping for a new mattress. Tony's years of complaints had been confirmed by my good night sleep all week that we definitely need a new mattress. I wasn't quite prepared to spend $1000 though!!! I was a little sticker shocked and so we put the idea on hold for just a little longer. We'll definitely be doing it, but I am going to do a little searching to see if I can find a better deal somewhere else. After mattress shopping, we were on the hunt for Easter shoes for Hannah. We found a pair and then had lunch together. We headed home and all took nice, long naps!! That was much-needed!
Then I realized it was like 5:00 on Saturday evening and we still had to color eggs. So first, I had to send Tony out to buy the eggs and then I got them cooked. Then we all colored eggs. That was fun! Hannah thought it was so fun and pretty much wanted to make them all pink!
Then I made a quick grocery list for next week and Hannah and I went grocery shopping at like 8:00 at night. Sort of a good time to go since there weren't a million people out. I caught up on some of my DVR shows and then went to bed. The long nap I took, however, made me not tired at bedtime, which I'm sure I'll be paying for next week when I try to get back on schedule!
We got up this morning and Hannah said she heard a basket while she was sleeping. Not quite sure what a basket sounds like, but since she heard it, I told her we'd better go check it out. Before she went to bed last night, she asked me to be sure to shut her door tight all the way so in case the Easter Bunny came, he wouldn't come in her room. She evidently doesn't have the greatest perception of that guy (can't blame her....it's a little creepy!!) So anyway, we headed downstairs and she immediately saw some eggs hidden around the house. She thought it was really fun to find them and silly that they were hidden in some funny places! She enjoyed her basket, although she was again disappointed that she finally got some jelly beans and didn't like them! Maybe it was just the idea of candy in the morning, but she also threw away a piece of chocolate and a marshmallow peep. For some reason, all my pictures seemed to come out blurry this morning. I guess I had my camera on the wrong setting or something.



Unfortunately, we didn't get to church today. Awful, I know, since this is a really important day and it's what Easter is really all about. Hannah and I had a pretty deep discussion before bedtime last night that Easter is really about Jesus and not the Easter Bunny.
We got ready to meet Dad & Julia for brunch. Hannah looked stunningly beautiful in her new Easter-wear. All decked out with hat and gloves to boot!!! She loved looking so princess-like! Brunch was great.



Then we headed to Tony's sister's for a little bit and then home to relax the rest of the day away before heading back to work tomorrow.
I'm so glad to be back home and dreading another trip next month. Oh, well...it'll be over soon and then we can just enjoy our summer!!
Oh, and here's a cute picture of Tony & Hannah playing guitar hero together before I left!





No comments:
Post a Comment