Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

So it came and went already!!! We had a good week and weekend, but it always goes so fast.

Anyway, we went to my mom's for dinner on Thursday. It was nice, the food was very good and I'd love to share a picture, but my camera died once and for all! It's been on it's last leg for a while now, and I wasn't able to even take a picture at the dinner table - I did try. Oh, well. Hannah tried some turkey, will not go near mashed potatoes and at a like a bird overall. We went over to Dawn's after that and stayed there until almost 10! Hannah did great, she has a blast going over there and playing with everyone and the dogs!

Friday, I had to wait for my washing machine repair guy to come. He fixed the machine without having to replace any parts (thank goodness!) and I got away with a $127 bill....I guess that's better than buying a new machine, but still really sucks since it is only 2 years old! Oh, well!
We went out shopping after that. I had to get a new camera and couldn't wait until Christmas, so we went to Best Buy and I took three years to decide on one. I bought it and then we headed to Target. They were advertising the (almost) same camera for $70 less than what I just paid at Best Buy for it, but of course, they were out. We headed out toward Great Northern and I checked their Target - out, but the lady told me they get trucks overnight and maybe they'd have some Saturday morning. We went to the mall and then home. Nothing too exciting and we didn't really buy anything.

I woke up at 7 on Saturday morning to be the first one at Target to get the camera. I was the second one to walk in the store, but unfortunately, my Target didn't get any on their over night truck....that was really crappy! So I drove to Steelyard Commons and I GOT ONE!!!! Had pretty much no clue where I was going, but I was on a mission and I got one! I compared the specs to the one I got at Best Buy and they're the exact same. I love my new camera!!!!
So Tony decided to put up the lights on the house since I mentioned that it was going to be a half way decent day out. I think that ended up being a mistake because it ruined his day as it does every year! Oh, well....they're up and Hannah is so very happy, so it's worth it. It looked very nice last night. Hannah loved playing in the snow while we were outside. I was actually surprised she liked it that much. She was building snow castles!



And here's the house in lights...


After that, Hannah and I headed out to go return all sorts of stuff I had. We went to 6 stores and to Cici's for dinner and she was so good for me. It's sort of a pain taking her in and out of the car, but for some reason, it was no big deal last night...we were just buddies together! She was silly when she got her jammies on and put her pants on her head....what a card!

This morning, we made banana pancakes and then went to church. She wore her dress, which really made her happy and then during children's sharing time, she made me so proud! There were only 3 kids up there today and I was worried that she wouldn't say anything because she'd be too shy. Well, Pastor Kathy showed an advent calendar and asked if anyone knew what all the planning was for and Hannah yelled "For Jesus"! She was right! And I was so proud of her!!! It was really cool! She was so good in church and everyone always makes comments to me afterwards about how good she is and what a delight she is!! (Of course, I knew that!!)
So here she is today: she is now 2 months away from turning 3! I can't believe it! She's so excited about Christmas and loves the snow. She talks a storm and is just the sweetest thing I know!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I never thought about letting Emma play with her sand toys in the snow, but what a good idea!