Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm here - Just Been Under Construction

I've been absent from the blog now for a couple weeks. Good reason due to the "quick, easy, inexpensive" bathroom remodel project - which has been none of the above!!! I've spent every night and all day during the past two weekends working on it. I have to say, I"m quite proud of my work and it looks GREAT!! I'll post pictures over the weekend once it's totally finished. I've just got a few more things to do and then the finishing touches. I've done things I have never done before such as mud and sand drywall, install a new light fixture, remove and replace the toilet, lay a tile floor really well and uninstall and reinstall baseboards. It's been a lot of hard work and serious elbow grease and yes, several hundred dollars too - but I guess it's going to be worth all of the money and hard work. Now, just to keep it clean!!!

So anyway, the past few weeks had some good things that I haven't yet posted. Hannah had a pajama party at daycare a couple weeks ago where they got to wear their PJ's all day and slept on the floor for nap and they watched movies. She loved that! Then they had a tea party day where they dressed up and actually had tea and biscuits and cookies (she was not a fan of the tea by the way). She looked awfully cute though that day. She wore this cute dress, tights a hat and she had a feather boa to wear for the tea party!!!




She got her Christmas pictures taken - those will be coming out in cards soon - which reminds me, I've got to get cards and stamps!!
Oh, and I totally got suckered into buying Hannah "Barbie Diamond Castle" - the playset. So I was pretty much done shopping for her and had decided that she was NOT getting the "not worth $99.00 playset" that is all she talks about! BUT then, I saw it at Target for $70 and as we walked past it she said (for the 4th or 5th time in a couple weeks), "Santa is going to bring me that". I couldn't bare it anymore - how could she be disappointed Christmas morning if she didn't get it? So I've now got to sort through all the stuff I've already bought and decide which things are to be saved for her birthday in January. But NOW, I am done shopping for her!

We got our first snowfall this week. Hannah woke up this past Monday morning, I told her that there was something new outside. She asked what it was and I told her to go look out the window. She saw it and said, "mommy, it's beautiful!" I said, "no, it's yucky!" And she said, "no, I like snow!!" So then Tuesday as it was REALLY snowing, I had to go out at lunch to buy Hannah some boots. I found a pair of snowpants too, so when she got home that night, she convinced daddy to take her out to play in the snow. Here she is in her new gear:



And then out to play:
And since the only other things I can remember of the past two weeks were the enormous amount of fun I had spending my entire Saturday scraping glue off the concrete floor in the bathrroom and painting, sanding, and tiling....I guess that's about it for this post. I'm really excited to share the bathroom pictures soon, so stay tuned!!!

No comments: