Sunday, November 23, 2008

The remodeled bathroom

OK, here it is.....finished!!! I'm so glad it's done! I do still have to paint the brown doors white, but I think that'll have to wait for another round of ambition....I'm exhausted!

So, obviously, Tony picked out the color scheme! I found this shower curtain on ebay:
And Lowes can match team colors, so the walls are "Ohio State Gray".

I made a curtain for the window and hung new fixtures for the toilet paper roll, hand towel and a hook. I have a towel bar too, but just can't seem to figure out which wall to hang it from, so it may just not go up, we'll see??
Here's the new floor - I think this is the part that I'm most proud of! I can't believe how well I got it layed down. And, I'm also proud to say I didn't waste ANY tiles!!! I actaully cut them all just right without screwing them up. It looks great, maybe a little too much brown in the color of them, but it looks really good!

And lastly, the new mirror and light fixture. They look really nice too!

I have to share my funny story about the light fixture. Since I've never installed anything with wiring before, I wasn't real confident that I knew what I was doing, but when I took the old light fixture down to paint, I realized there wasn't that much to it, so I figured I could handle it. I was ready to put up the new light, so I shut off the breaker and I got the base all leveled and installed. Then I connected the black wires and then the white wires and then the ground wire and got the light all screwed on. I then put up a globe and screwed in a light bulb. I figured I should see if it worked before I finished, so I flipped the breaker back on and nothing. So I disconneted it all, re-did all the wiring and put it back together and screwed in a light bulb. Flipped the breaker - still nothing. I thought to myself, what could be wrong? I wondered if it needed all three bulbs in before it would work, so I screwed in all three bulbs, flipped the breaker - STILL Nothing! I was getting so annoyed and stood there thinking what else could I possibly have to do differently as this really isn't that hard??? As I stood there staring at it, my eyes glanced down the wall and saw the LIGHT SWITCH!!! Ah, yes, you do need to turn the light switch on to make the light work and alas, it worked!!! I thought that was pretty funny after I got over being annoyed that I had just wasted the previous 15 minutes re-doing the light that probably worked fine the first try!

And here's one last picture from the doorway:



So now I wonder what I"m going to do with my time now that this is finished? Tony suggests I relax a little, but I don't seem to kow what that means?!?! I guess now I can finish my quilt for Christmas and start getting ready for the holidays since they are approaching rather quickly.
Tony went to freeze at the Brown's game today and Hannah is still at my mom's since we had cards at our house last night (didn't win by the way). I am enjoying my alone time right now and will be off to get groceries soon.
On a bad note, I think my washing machine is broken - my year and a half old washing machine! The basket is making a sound similar to a jet plane during the spin and I'm getting a million little pieces of plastic in my laundry loads after the wash is done...I guess I have to get a repair man out - wonder if I'll pay more for him than for a new washing machine?!

No comments: