We found out last Monday at Hannah's gymnastics class that her teacher is going to move her up to the next level class starting in January. It's pretty much the same thing as she's doing now, just no parent involvement (which we've started backing off a lot anyway) and it's a 15 minute longer class. That's exciting except that Hannah REALLY likes her teacher, so hopefully moving on won't be traumatic for her! We're not sure yet which of her other classmates are moving on with her, so we'll see how that goes.
That's about all the noteworthy material from the week that I can remember at this point. Friday night, we went to the mall after work. Boy, those teenagers are taking over!!! Oh, and we're really bummed that the mall doesn't offer free strollers anymore...good thing we had ours in the car! I did a little more shopping and then called it a night. Saturday, I cleaned the house and then went out to do more shopping. I'm almost done with my buying, only a few more things left to do. We had the girl from down the street come over to babysit and Tony and I went to play cards. Neither one of us won any money, which was a bummer because it was a big dollar tournament for our league. Oh, well, it was a nice time out as usual anyway. I wrapped gifts until about 1:30 in the morning. I wanted to get an inventory of everything I actually had as well as get it wrapped, so that task is almost ready to be checked off the list!
Sunday morning, Hannah and I made breakfast and then I had her write out the birthday card for Julia (Grandma Doggies) Happy Birthday by the way! OK, I feel sort of like I'm bragging about my almost 3 year old, but mom's are allowed to do that, right? Especially on my own blog!!! Anyway, I'm so amazed that for a couple of months now she's been able to spell her name. She's been writing it for about that long too and does it without any help. I think that's so cool considering she doesn't even turn 3 for almost 2 more months (January 30). I finally got it on video (please excuse the talking as Roman was banging on the door to come in and Hannah's hair kept getting in the way of the camera!)
Then she amazed me once more. I put the card in the envelope and asked her to write Grandma's name on it. I told her to write a "G" and she did. I told her to write an "r", but she needed help with that. Then I said "A" and she did. "N" and she did, "D" and she did, "M" and she did and one more "A" and she did....here's the envelope and I swear all I helped her with was the R

Here's her signed card too...
Then we were off to see Santa and meet up with Grandpa Tractor and Grandma Doggies for her birthday. The visit with Santa went remarkably well!!! She wasn't even shy. She confirmed the Barbie Diamond Castle was still on it's way and she posed very nicely for pictures. Here's the one I got, she's not looking at the camera, but she did great!
Found the one from last year too....what a difference a year makes!
This is a picture of Hannah with one of the Reindeer at the garden center. Thought it was cute!

We had lunch with my Dad and Julia and then they came over for cake and ice cream and a visit.


I ran to the grocery store after they left to pick up a few things and then we decorated the tree. Hannah had a great time helping and decorating the tree....it's a different look to the tree when a 3 foot person puts the ornaments on (it's a little bottom heavy!)


I leave for Columbus for a few days tomorrow, so Tony and Hannah get to have a party without me! All this is fine and well other than Hannah will have ragga-muffin hair each morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment