Anyway, I'm not really any more ready than I was a week ago. Well, I guess maybe I am, but I don't feel 10 days away ready.
Last week, I was in Columbus Monday through Wednesday, so that made the week fly by. I did a little shopping while I was there so I was able to check 2 more things off my list. I got some not so good news about work while I was there. My company has made the decision to not give annual merit increases to all Salaried employees....really stinks for me because I was sort of counting on it! I spoke to my boss when I got back and asked if there any indication that I should be worried about my position and job security and he put those fears at ease the best he could. I guess nothing is guaranteed, but he said I shouldn't worry and that I could still expect a market adjustment to be processed this year as he had promised me....I guess I'll believe it when it happens. I am thankful to still have a job in this totally crappy economy, but I sort of feel like my compay jumped on the bandwagon because they could - and I guess good for them, but ouch, this one hurt!
So anyway, Thursday when I got back, I didn't accomplish much at work. It was our holiday party that day, so my morning was shot doing all sorts of stuff and then the afternoon we closed the office to have the party. I did get my Christmas cards done Thursday night, so that's one more "check" off the list. Friday I tried like heck to do some catching up, but I wasn't that successful. I'm so behind - maybe I'll catch up this week???
Saturday, I worked on a sewing project for Christmas and did some laundry. I got Hannah down for a nap and took a shower. I woke her up and got her ready to go to her first movie at the theater! It was our neighbor girl, McKenna's, 4th birthday party and they invited Hannah to go see "Bolt" at the movies. She was so excited and I was SO aggravated that I drove around the mall parking lot for over 20 minutes looking for a parking space. I wasn't even trying to find one close - just the first one I could pull into. We finally found a spot at the end of an aisle near Dillards, so that meant we had to run through the parking lot and through the mall to get to the middle where the Cinemark is at. We were late, but only about 5 minutes late. Hannah freaked out as we were walking into the theater because it was dark and loud. I had to calm her down and told her to stop crying. She did and we found our seats and she got settled and was very good through the whole movie. She had to go potty about half way through, which I was fully expecting, but she sat still and enjoyed the movie. Here are the girls after the movie was over:
Then we headed back to Laura & Aaron's for pizza and cake & ice cream. Here are the kids enjoying the party:
We got up Sunday and I got a grocery list together and headed out shopping by 11:30. I was back by around 1:00 and started my baking...trying to check off another holiday "to-do". I'm only making 6 kinds of cookies this year and of course this turned into a full-out "event" for the entire rest of my day. Hannah came to help when she got up for her nap. She was so excited to be making cookies for Santa!

I baked until my back hurt too much to stand any longer, which was by about 8:00. I got the kitchen cleaned up and was actually VERY happy that nothing good was on TV because I was in bed by 9:30!!!
Today was work, a fairly typical Monday. After work, I took Hannah to gymnastics. She absolutely loves going and does so well! She had a case of the bad attitudes today at daycare, so I should have punished her by not letting her go to gymnastics, but I can't do it! Instead, we decided to make her "lovey" the punishment. Our new deal is that when she has a bad report for the day there, she will come home and have to throw a lovey in the garbage. I know that will be a VERY bad day here, but maybe she'll remember to be good! It's sort of hard to punish her because she is generally such a good girl, but when she's nasty, she really can be a BRAT! She now is rolling her eyes (wonder where that comes from?) and sassing back at daycare, which just isn't allowed, so now she's going to have to have a punishment for behaving that way. Maybe it will only take one lovey in the garbage for it to sink in!!! We'll see - I'll be sure to share how that goes over!
So all that's left on the holiday to-do list is about 3 or 4 more gifts to buy, mail my sister's stuff so it might get there in time (note to self to HURRY up with this one!), finish baking, finish wrapping and finish my sewing project. Then I'll have to get groceries for Christmas day stuff......I'm sure I'm going to run out of time!





No comments:
Post a Comment