Monday, October 13, 2008

Week's worth of blog

Well another week slipped by with no updates. Sorry for those of you who actually come here to see what's going on. As you all know already, I do a terrible job of staying current, so here's the last week's worth of our life.

Work is going better and I think we had a good week last week. Now that 8 days have passed, I really don't remember it being really great or really bad! We went to gymnastics last Monday night - that was good. Hannah loved hopping down the tumbling track! I really don't remember much about Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, we had our first try at a neighborhood girl babysitter. It worked out great, except for when I first left - Hanna cried. Then Tony stopped home to change after work, which kept the crying going, but she was fine shortly after. Tony went to a concert and I had dinner with the other managers from work, so it was just a little over 3 hours. The girl's name is Gloria and she's 15. She does a great job with the other neighborhood kids and now Hannah's old enough that I thought I'd try it. Best part - she's only $3.00 an hour (per kid)!!! I couldn't beleive it!! What a bargain! I think we'll be using her again for sure! Friday we just had pizza at home and Dawn came over to visit for a little bit.

Saturday, I made banana pancakes for breakfast. That's becoming a big favorite around here, besides, we need a break from waffles!! I cleaned the house and did laundry and after Hannah's nap, we went to Anna's 4th birthday party. They always have a costume party for her birthday and so Hannah got to dress up:



She loves being Cinderella! There were many other princesses there - 2 Snow White's, Little Mermaid and one other Cinderella. Hannah had a meltdown during presents because she watched for as long as she could, but then couldn't take it anymore because she wanted to open presents! Tough lesson I guess! She's quite anxious for her birthday to come now!



Saturday night, Tony stayed home with Hannah while I went to play cards. I ended up placing 3rd this week! Finally - it was nice to do well and win a little money!

Sunday, we woke up and went to breakfast and then to Church. I did my grocery shopping and we had dinner outside on the deck. What a great weather weekend it was!! So nice to get to eat outside one last time, the only catch was it started getting dark as we finished!
Another noteworthy item was that I finished Hannah's quilt during Desparate Housewives!! It's officially DONE! But, no pictures!!! I'm saving it for a surprise for everyone to see for Christmas! I like it and I sure hope Hannah loves it!

Last night was a rough one. For some reason, I didn't sleep that great and then Hannah woke up crying around 4:00. I guess she had a bad dream, so I comforted her for a little and went back to bed. Just as I was falling back to sleep, she yelled out "NO" and started crying again. I went back in there and she said, "I have to go potty, Mommy". Did I mention we stopped using Pull-up's at bedtime a couple weeks ago?? Well, she had already wet the bed. So I took her potty and then stripped and changed her bed. We were all very awake by then (4:30) and she screamed not to go back to bed. I was going to try to be tough and make her go to bed, but she seemed really scared and just wanted to go to our bed, so I gave it....I sure hope that wasn't the wrong move that I will regret! She has never slept in our bed - ever, but she did at least sleep the rest of the night - glad someone did!!!

Tonight was gymnastics again. They practiced flipping around the uneven bars - she didn't like tha so well. She was afraid to go upside down. She did great with everything else though and is improving each week with taking direction and listening. I think this is going to be so good for her and she really loves it!

No comments: